Cabelas Visa

High5

Just curious how many of you take advantage Club points. Having a Cabelas visa gets you 1% return on all purchases & 2% return on Cabelas purchases.
I'm using my Cabelas visa more and more hoping to have enough points by Augest for a new spotting scope.
Hell with sky miles! Anybody else taking advantage of Cabelas Club Visa points?

High5

I use it,not a bad deal to get money towards hunting gear and also they have reasonable intrest rates.

I've been using Cabelas Visa for several years. Last summer I bought a rifle scope for my son using the points I had built up. I think I have around $85 built up right now.

I have to tell you I have friends that use the cabelas visa to pay their mortage payment and their truck payment,If you can manage your money right whats the difference if you only use the visa card to purchase things that you have the money to pay for IE mortage,car payments,groceries
he earns on a average 1000 points a year and never pays any interest on the card because he has the money waiting for the bill to come in.

LAST EDITED ON Feb-22-04 AT 04:19PM (MST)[p]I have been using the Cabelas visa for a several years and it is a great deal if you do it right. I use mine for my business and charge anywhere from $5-10,000 per month. Each dollar charged is one point and is worth 1% (in other words a penny). You get $1 credit for every $100 charged, $10 for $1000, and $100 for every $10,000. Therefore, I get anywhere from $50-100 each month I use it.

Here is the catch. Don't do this unless you pay on time and pay if FULL every month. Otherwise you lose, money wise.

If you pay late, there is a $25 late fee and of course the interest also kicks in.

I pay on time and pay the full balance EVERY month, so this Cabelas credit doesn't cost me ANYTHING!!!

Other people that I know don't use it for business, but they use it for everyday expenses instead of writing a check. THE KICKER IS THAT YOU SHOULD ONLY USE IT FOR EXPENSES YOU WOULD BE PAYING ANYWAY, AND YOU NEED TO BE SURE THAT YOU CAN PAY THE BALANCE OFF EVERY MONTH. They use if for groceries, gas, etc. Everything that will let you use it. That way you build up points faster.

Remember, it takes $10,000 to get a $100 credit, and it will COST you $100 very quickly if you don't pay off the balance and the interest kicks in.

All in all, it is a great deal if used wisely.

txhunter58

venor, ergo sum (I hunt, therefore I am)

Take heed in Txhunters advice. "Pay off the balance each month". Should do that no matter what kind of credit card you have. Use a credit card just like writing a check. If the $$ are there, don't buy it. Don't put yourself into a hole.

I have been using a credit card for over 30 years and have never paid a cent of interest and do currently have a Cabela's card and have no compaints. In fact payment for last months charges will be mailed in the AM.

from the "Heartland of Wyoming"

Been using it for years(just for tags at dinners).Max out 7k three times. Used points to buy Decoy,shotgun shells every duck season, used FED TAX return to payoff card every year,its great!
low interest to boot! Get the GOLD card has great services!

I use it for everything and pay off the balance monthly. I've made out a couple of times on some surgical procudures. Had a sinus problem corrected last November. Racked up about $9500 in bills. Paid just about everything with my Visa and then submitted the bills to my health insurance carrier. I was reimbursed most of it before the credit card balance came due. Awhile back they made the mistake of sending me a half dozen blank checks that worked the same as the plastic. I made my house payments and sent my regular house payment to Visa. Unfortunately they haven't sent me any blank checks since.

Yes
I use mine all the time (well as much as my wife lets me). I have purchase several items with my points. The last being the Alaskan Guide back pack with pack frame.

"We must HUNT"

I'm saving my points to use on a big game hunt or to buy a new gun. Up to $590 in points.

great idea with the mortgage payment and the truck payment just charge it then pay it right away. They were thinking about puting a Cabelas store here where I live in Billings, MT...but I think that fell through, good thing to I would have had to get another job to support my habit!

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom