Cabelas XPG Bivy

Rob

Does this Bivy or any Bivy add to the temp rating of your sleeping bag? For instance, Does a 20 degree bag feel like a 10 degree bag stuffed in this type of bivy sack?

Reason I ask is that I'm trying to decide whether I want synthetic or down. From everything I read down should not get wet and this would alleviate that problem.

you will get 2 answers here.

YES it will make your bag feel warmer.
but "technically" [ if i spelled that right?] no it does not add anything to your bag.

it takes away the elements that make the temp rating on your bag???

if that dont make sence-- for instence- if you have a 20 degree bag, some will be warm at 20 degrees in no wind conditions, but if you have a wind and the wind chill is 0 degrees you are cold. add your bivy sack, take away the wind chill and you are warm again.

so YES a bivy sack make your sleeping conditions warmer, but "no" it doesn't make your bag better??

hope that makes sence.
see wade, i did learn something from you:)

I have this bivy and I really like it. I even use it when I'm sleeping on a cot. I have a tendancy to unzip my sleeping bag in the middle of the night, so using the bivy helps me stay in my bag somewhat better! I know I'm odd! Its also protects my bag from rubbing wear and tear too.

I thought I was the only guy who somehow unzipped his bag in the middle of the night. I guess were both odd dudes. I think I will try your bivy idea.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom