cabelas

Deerlove

Long Time Member
I just got a hard bound special limited edition catalog it seems like they spent $50 on this. Did anyone else recieve the same? Russ

I got one of those last fall and just recently got another one. I'll probably be recieving 10-20 more of their catalogs this month??? Anybody else get endless amounts of catalogs from Cabela's, or is it just me? Seems like I get one every week, for some season or sale?

I'm pretty sure Cabela's sends those particular catalogs if you spent over a certain amount with them last year. I'm not sure if its over $500 or $1000 but something like that.

I ordered a knight muzzleloader a few years back, now I get a catalog almost every week.

I also recieved the book from Cabelas. I almost don't want to use it because it is so nice. It seems to me they are throwing money away because it will be obsolete in a year.

IB

I too got one for the 3 year in a row, I understand only 3% of the customers get one.

I got one this year. It was my first year ever. I think that means I spent too much..haha.

LAST EDITED ON Feb-11-05 AT 04:52PM (MST)[p]I got another one today as well and "kilbuc" is correct as they do a random draw and send. No need to spend 500-1000 dollars to receive on it is like the draws for hunting, some will get drawn and a lot of others will not.

Brian

I've been getting two hardbound catalogs a year since I re-outfitted for deer and elk camps two years ago for more than I will admit spending. Comes with a "World's Most Foremost Customer" certificate suitable for your 'fridge door. Kids think the certificate is "really cool".

I would bet you guys are right but some friends and I have a buddy that has to spend upwards of $2500 per year and he always gets one. I never knew they existed until a couple of years ago. I have yet to recieve my copy...

They do stand behind their products and try to make every attempt to please the customers and that philosophy has worked well for them. I have necer had any issues with them on anything that wasn't resolved. Who can argue with service like that.

I got one last fall. It is a pretty nice book.

I did not buy anything from them last year. My conclusion is now that they are a publically traded company they have tons of money to spend on advertising, hunting shows, new stores, and yes, the huge hard back catalogue.

i've received one for the last three years. they may mail some out randomly, but i think the majority are sent to the big spenders.

we are getting a new cabelas here in utah. supposed to be completed by hunting season 2005. i live 150 miles away from the new location, but i will definantly make a trip up there when it is completed.

I have got a hard back for several years...has everything in it but they will still send you every little magazine they have...I think I get at least one or two a month..

yeah but now you get to pay sales tax even if you mail order.

and prices are higher in the store than the same items in the book.

kind of like visiting disneyland to buy a set of mouse ears instead of just buying them off the shelf in a disney store...

If it is a random draw and only about 3% of their customers get one and Cabelas' does not have a store in AZ do I have grounds for a lawsuit based on NR descrimination? At least they could offer bonus points!

Get a Cabela's credit card and you will get bonus points......LOL. Don't know what interest rates are and don't care, cuz I pay off my C.Card purchases in full each month. But for some items, such as boots, it helps to try them on 1st. Saves a return if they don't fit just right.

from the "Heartland of Wyoming"

from the "Heartland of Wyoming"

could be total coincidence, but I sent 3 pairs of boots in a row back because they didn't fit right and my catalogs quit completely. I had to beg them to get back on the mailing list.

Cabelas is an unbeleivable company though. Service is second to none.

JB

Cabelas is an great sportsmans store!
Been shopping their for 15 years.
I'm getting a little tired of all the mags though! Seems
that I get 1 or 3 a month! I spend thousnds there a year!
Bass seems to be catching up slowly and the prices are better
however Bass does not carry higher end optics and a few other
higher end items! I can't seem to find a need to use any of them much any more!(I guess I have all I need! even for my dogs).
Rackmaster

I just got my second one in the last 6 months... I think my wife is beginning to get suspicious....

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom