Cache - Logan Canyon

OldJake

My dad has a cow moose permit that he hasn't filled yet. We made one trip early when it was hot and dry and we were unsuccessful.

If anyone has any good tips, let me know. I thought we'd wait until after the first weekend of the deer hunt. So, if anyone sees anything, let me know.

Thanks
OldJake

You need to check Sow hole off of left hand fork. I have never not seen moose up there in all my years of hunting cache valley. You'll earn it though, it's quite a hike in.

We got a cow opening morning last year up Blacksmith Fork. Baxter Sawmill Rd is a good place to start.

Don't get too far from a road. Trust me.

Grizzly

Go to Boulder Mountain, There was a cow without a calf at the pond at the end of the road every night during the archery elk hunt.

Thanks to everyone who replied. We will be hunting tomorrow.

It's funny someone mentioned Boulder Mtn, because that is where we were at sunup and never saw a moose! I guess it was just an "off" morning. We only saw one cow and she was over by Temple Fork. We tried a stalk, but she moved into the thick stuff on our way there. We never saw her again.

I'll let you know how we did when we get back. I should have a few pictures.

OldJake

Yep, we finally found a cow. We saw a heck of alot more bulls than we did cows!

We hunted two days before it finally happened.

Thanks to all that replied. We checked out most of the spots, but finally found her over towards Randolf. To make the story shorter, we went to an area that a wildlife biologist told us about, but we only saw some bulls. We ran into a deer hunter that told us to go to a different area. We went into town for some lunch and ran into another wildlife officer who said we'd be wasting our time to go to that spot. We went there anyway and you guessed it -- lots of moose! Kind of funny!

I need to get the pics loaded off the camera, and then I'll post up a couple.

Thanks again,

Dustin

Here are some pics. My youngest son spotted her and he was REALLY proud of that. Both my boys were proud of their Grandpa as you can see in the pics. Thanks to everyone who replied and helped us out!

Fall2008110.jpg

Fall2008116.jpg

Bearpaw Outfitters

Experience world class hunting for mule deer, elk, cougar, bear, turkey, moose, sheep and more.

Wild West Outfitters

Hunt the big bulls, bucks, bear and cats in southern Utah. Your hunt of a lifetime awaits.

J & J Outfitters

Offering quality fair-chase hunts for trophy mule deer, elk, shiras moose and mountain lions.

Shane Scott Outfitting

Quality trophy hunting in Utah. Offering FREE Utah drawing consultation. Great local guides.

Utah Big Game Outfitters

Specializing in bighorn sheep, mule deer, elk, mountain goat, lions, bears & antelope.

Apex Outfitters

We offer experienced guides who hunt Elk, Mule Deer, Antelope, Sheep, Bison, Goats, Cougar, and Bear.

Urge 2 Hunt

We offer high quality hunts on large private ranches around the state, with landowner vouchers.

Allout Guiding & Outfitting

Offering high quality mule deer, elk, bear, cougar and bison hunts in the Book Cliffs and Henry Mtns.

Lickity Split Outfitters

General season and LE fully guided hunts for mule deer, elk, moose, antelope, lion, turkey, bear and coyotes.

Back
Top Bottom