Cali Draw is Up

hntnfsh67

The draw is posted. First time EVER for me to draw a tag in Cali. Northwestern Elk, either sex. Nice that it's right behind town too.
Good luck to the rest of you...

Matt
"Opportunity is missed by most people
because its dressed in overalls
and looks like work."
Thomas Edison

Joey,
Thanks for the kind words. Funny thing. Called a buddy in Sacramento turns out he is the alernate on this hunt. Small world.

After that the first call was to a buddy high up in the local timber company, got some great info right off the bat. Now if Wyoming can only send me that unit 102 tag I will have my fall set.

So far in Cali have the 2 B zone deer tags and Northwest elk, in OR have the Sixes late season bull elk tag and the late season applegate muzzleloader hunt for blacktails. If I draw Wyoming too I might have to quit and hunt from Aug to Dec straight!.

Matt
and looks like work."
Thomas Edison

Eel,

Funny thing, Kyle was there the last time I killed an elk. He might just be a good luck charm!

Matt
and looks like work."
Thomas Edison

Good luck Matt at least we dont have a 12 hour drive this time :)
Dont feel bad for me I drew deer/elk for MT this year Yahoo

Kyle
"If it moves shoot it again"

Great to hear Kyle! You taking the family? When are you heading up there?

Matt
and looks like work."
Thomas Edison

Me and Jeff drew Bryan is on the 2nd chance list (high 200's). We are going up about the 12th of Nov or so till Thanksgiving.

Kyle
"If it moves shoot it again"

Nice time to be chasing those ruttin bucks. My applegate and sixes tags start on the 13th of Nov. The buck hunt goes into early December. Can't wait. Congrats on the draw, hope Brian gets to go too!

Matt
and looks like work."
Thomas Edison