Cameron Hanes out runs Lance Armstrong in Boston Marathon

I didn't read the article, but I do remember hearing that Lance Armstrong did terrible at the marathon, it seems that running isn't his game. I can see out riding him as being a sign of your dedication, but not out running him.

I'd definitely ride a bike for 200 miles over running a marathon. I ran a marathon a few years ago and it is definitely a huge mental and phyical test.

He finished in a damn good time. Only kenyans in front of him at that pace. I ran the San Diego City Marathon and was happy to finish under 4 hours.
-Raptor

>I didn't read the article, but
>I do remember hearing that
>Lance Armstrong did terrible at
>the marathon, it seems that
>running isn't his game. I
>can see out riding him
>as being a sign of
>your dedication, but not out
>running him.

The point that I was trying to make is that Lance Armstrong, while not as good a runner as a biker,( I thought that fact was too obvious to mention but...) is no slug when in comes to being in shape. It doesn't matter if he had a good day or not. I understand if you don't want to give Cam a pat on the back, but I doubt you will challenge either of them to a run of your own anytime soon. :)

Nice job Cam. You are doing what you love and inspiring us along the way. I do have to agree that Dwight is the real deal and I think Cam would agree too). Marathons are an honest test.

HK

GO HARD KORE OR DON'T GO AT ALL

LAST EDITED ON May-14-08 AT 02:23PM (MST)[p]Apparently Shummy is a marathon runner and can run strides with both Cameron and Lance.

anyone who does not think that is impressive is brain dead.... while i do not know cameron hanes, from what i have seen of his productions, etc.. i have always been impressed. this only proves to me more how he separates himself from the pack. i have run 5 or 6 marathons and a half dozen ironmans, and can appreciate the dedication it takes to perform at that level. way to go cameron.... the guys a stud!

I second shummy and yukondall.....Remember when Michael Jordan, the best ever at his sport, switched over to baseball. He was less than average in the MINOR LEAGUES. Striking out Jordan was no huge accomplishment, but pitchers would still bird lip. Now if one of those pitchers beat him at one on one then he could talk. I say stop bird lipping and challenge Lance to a bike race!

Troutcrk

those guys must have a resting pulse of around 30 bpm. mine used to be under 50. now i have a hard time riding to the store and back. thank God for horses!

I can drink a 12 pack in less than 4 hours.How's that for perspective,drive and desire?

LAST EDITED ON May-15-08 AT 04:05AM (MST)[p]Finishing a marathon does take dedication, I won't take that away from him. However saying that he is the man because he had a better time than someone who didn't do very good is silly.

I'm sure Cameron knows he can't beat Lance on a bike. The point is that Lance is a person Cameron really looks up to and admires because he is an edurance machine. We all have our sports heros don't we? He set a personal goal of beating him in that marathon and he met that goal, good for him.

I dont know what some of you guys are talking about. For me anyone that can break the 3 hour mark running a marathon is doing a great job. He ran a great race, had a goal and accomplished and some of you guys are trash talking. Some of you guys are simply amazing. I just wish I could do as well in a race like that.

Jeff

LAST EDITED ON May-15-08 AT 11:57AM (MST)[p]Well, then I have accomplished my goal!

It's not my fault that I don't think beating Lance Armstrong in a marathon was a huge thing and worthy of my worship. If you'll read back you'll see that I felt it was a big deal to finish, but the title and point to the whole post seems silly to me.

Shummy,
You are either an elite runner or a complete jacka$$. If you have run a marathon I apologize now, if you have not you have no idea what you are talking about. What an accomplishment it is for anyone to run a sub three hour marathon, be it Lance Armstrong or Cameron Hanes. You say Lance didn't do very good. Well I have to tell you a sub three hour marathon is pretty darn good. If you have never run a marathon I don't even think that you can comprehend the mental and physical challenge it is, let alone to complete a sub three hour marathon. I do know, I have done it. I have a great deal of respect and admiration for anyone who takes on the challenge to complete a marathon. Lance and Cameron are both studs. Next time you feel it isn't a big deal to run a sub three with one of the worlds greatest endurance athletes, why don't you try and toe the line.

You guys have blown Shummy's post way out of context. I read his posts numerous times. He said nothing to bash Cameron. He just stated that it was silly to praise someone so highly of beating Lance Armstrong in a marathon when he supposedly did bad. On top of it, Lance is a bicyclist who won, what, five toure de france races? So how about praising him for beating Lance at an arm wrestling competition? It's not the same thing, just like someone mentioned with Michael Jordan. How about if Cam beat Tiger Woods at a Marathon? People need to read more before they post and call names. Ease up, don't be so touchy.

Now I'm not bashing I'm just making a point. Cam is an awesome athlete and I can't take anything away from him.

LAST EDITED ON May-16-08 AT 05:16AM (MST)[p]LAST EDITED ON May-16-08 AT 04:54 AM (MST)

Lance is a bicyclist who won, what, five toure de france races?

That would be SEVEN time Tour De France Winner :)

How did Lance and Cameron do overall? Wether Lance did bad or not, they both completed a sub 3 hour marathon. I think the only reason Lance's name is even mentioned with Cameron's is that he is known for his endurance. Biking is an endurance race, so is running. So whoever mentioned beating Tiger Woods in golf and beating someone in an arm wrestling match is way off the mark. We're talking two endurance sports here. Cameron did a marathon, did it under 3 hours, ran with Lance who is known for endurance, and got a little publicity out of the deal. Running a marathon proves he's driven about hunting and getting a better time than an endurance athlete like Lance is something to be proud of. If you ran a marathon, and had a better time than Lance, would you mention it to anyone? Would you be proud? Would you let this be a sign of your hard ass work? I would myself.

From the sounds of the article, Cameron made it a personal goal to keep up with or at least try to keep up with Lance... For that we should all commend him for accomplishing a great personal goal! I did not take it as him trying to take any glory in beating Lance Armstrong in a marathon. Cameron is the man and it seems that he has accomplished a lot in his life. I look up to him and know that after every article of his that I read and show of his that I watch, I wanna become a better bow hunter...
just my 02'
redelkarcher>>>---------------->

Years ago when I ran marathons I felt the same way about K. Darner. The guy was my hero. Now the only hero I have is Superman and Wonderwomen.

I LOVE CAM!

Say it like a screeming girl in the first row of American Idol.

Then put your hands to your face and screem.

Just trying to lighten the mood a bit guys.

Cam is a freak. I don't want to be him, but I respect the H out of him. He beat a World Class Athlete at something and he inspires me a great deal.

Just so you guys know...I beat Lance at killing big stinky bulls:)

HK

GO HARD KORE OR DON'T GO AT ALL

Another perspective check...Lance did not beat his personal best, missed it by several minutes! (4 I think). If that's your criteria for poor performance, so be it. He ran the second 13.1 miles FASTER than the first 13.1 miles, and the second half has the worst hills. Put on your shoes and run 26.2, then you can run your mouth. It's not apples and oranges with running and biking, more like tangerines and oranges, lots of cross-over. Pretty darn impressive, I never heard of Cameron Haines, either.
HB

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom