Camper/Horsetrlr Combo??

PleaseDear

Long Time Member
'morning All, I'm right at the point where I'm selling my horse trailor and my truck camper and am seriously looking into those Gooseneck combo camper/horsetrlr. Has anyone got one or used one and have any good or bad opinions about them?? Brand prefered or to stay away from, good options to add or not really used........ thanks.

Been looking into the same thing myself after my trailer turned over in NM this year. The best ones I've seen have at least an 8' shortwall. Less space than this will leave you cramped. Cost then goes up as well. I have looked at several trailers owned by members of my saddle club. The best deal will be with a shell only and you finish out the inside and do the plumbing and electrical. Let me know what you find. I think we will wait for a few months and maybe try to find a good used model.

Phantom Hunter

Have a friend that has a gooseneck trailer to haul his Mules around the country to race, yes Race. He also has converted the front part into a place to sleep for him and his wife when they go hunting instead of using Motels in route.
Don't know which brand of trailer but I do know it is big and serves him good.
He uses a Mule to get around with while hunting do to the fact he has only one good leg, other one is artifical and can't walk long distances.

Brian

I've talked to guys/gals that have bought the gooseneck seperate and finished of the inside-front exactly how they wanted it and even thought the cost was basically 2 fold with the gooseneck and then building the inside, they still say it was cheaper in the long run and they got what they wanted.
I wonder if the 'cowboy shower' would freeze up in colder weather??

Some serious thought would have to go into the shower for a fall mountain hunt. I bet the water tank will freeze up. Maybe can put in some type of heatere for the tank??? Something I had not thought about. I bet some of the horse folks from the northern rockies would know how to deal with freezing temps and water tanks/showers.

Phantom Hunter

The water holding tank would be on the camper side of the wall and the shower head in the 1st stall of the horsetrlr part so it shouldn't freeze up. I've looked at some where the 1st stall on a 4 horse gooseneck is a whole bathroom, with the shower on one side and the crapper on the otherside, with a door/access in the middle to the horsestalls. These have all been 'slant' style. I stopped up at a place in Idaho, north of Rexburg, and he had a real nice one that was old style with straight in stalls for 2 horses/ 3 llamas/two ATV's or snowmobiles. I guess these guys are trying to sell in many recreaction markets. These models are way fancy in the camper part and thus way pricey.........

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom