Carrying your bow

matt23

Question how many of you guys carry your bow by the strings? I never do but see it done all the time. Does it compromise the strings at all? Just curious on thoughts on this.

This last year I actually started carrying by the grip, but backwards. So the stabilizer is facing me. Then I rest the stabilizer on the waist strap of my pack. Now 2/3 of the weight of the bow is being supported by my pack/waist. Now it doesn't matter which hand it's in, because there is no chance either arm gets tired. Can carry it all day like that.

When stalking, I used to carry it by the strings. Never noticed any detrimental effect. Nowadays though I carry it by the stabilizer (mine can fold which effectively turns it into a handle).

You Boys Are All Doing It Very Wrong!

Last Year On San Juan There Was A Guy On A 2 Wheeled MotorBike!

He Had A Bow With A Nocked Arrow In One Hand & Driving With His Other Hand!

I Didn't Think It Was Possible & He Was Standing Up As Well!

Looked Like A Tragedy Just Waiting To Happen To Me!

When I First Seen Him Riding Towards Me It Took Me A Minute To Figure Out WTH I Was Seeing!

You Boys Are All Doing It Very Wrong!

Last Year On San Juan There Was A Guy On A 2 Wheeled MotorBike!

He Had A Bow With A Nocked Arrow In One Hand & Driving With His Other Hand!

I Didn't Think It Was Possible & He Was Standing Up As Well!

Looked Like A Tragedy Just Waiting To Happen To Me!

When I First Seen Him Riding Towards Me It Took Me A Minute To Figure Out WTH I Was Seeing!
Cut him some slack, he probably spent the summer watching Dances With Wolves and figured if the natives could do it on the back of a running horse, he would be fine on a metal horse.

I have carried mine with a sling long before one was ever made for a bow.
Today instead of making one like I did 20 years ago out of duffel bag strap, I just spend the $$$ on one that carries better.

I carry by the string, typically I have it by the serving, it does cause premature fuzzing by drying the strings. Keep that section waxed and your good.

Hunting with a friend, I noticed he carried his behind his neck, somewhat resting on his pack. I tried it, with stabilizer facing forward, and worked great. So depending on how it balances, that's another option. I do occasionally carry it by the string or handle in rougher terrain, but for longer hikes on flatter ground, behind the neck is my favorite.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom