casey coues

fisrtcoueswas80inches

Very Active Member
hey yall im i new user here so i though ill tell ya a lil aout me. im 17 and im a die hard couse deer hunter. ive never hunted mule deer and would not want to. i have hunted couse deer for 5 years and believe no no no not believe KNOW that they are the hardest to hunt. this year on the last day we were lookin at a doe and my dad told me where to find him he said go to the cedar and go left. well i went to the cedar and there was a good buck standing there. we all layed down and got set. our partner ranged him in at 340 yards. i set the cross hairs of my 30-06 about 6 inches over his back and squeezed the trigger. next thing i know im running down the mountain to see my first deer. i is a 80+ inche buck with a maximum spread of 18 inches. he is the widest buck that my experienced hunting partner has ever seen. i hope to send some pictures soon. never give up

Welcome to MM Casey,

And congradulations on your first deer. You'll find that the guys here have alot useful information.

later

Welcome and great job Casey. I hope you can get the pictures posted here and tell us the long version of your story. What state, unit etc..... Allen......

Casey, congratulations on your first buck. 17 is a good age, that's when I killed my first buck. It was a carp deer though. I was kind of a late bloomer when it came to hunting. My dad really didn't hunt but I sure enough had the hunting instinct but still didn't really start hunting seriously until I was about 26. I'm 38 now and have guided hunters to 2 B&C Coues bucks and am adicted to Coues deer like everyone else on this forum. I have the December whitetail hunt in unit 27/28 that starts the 13th of Dec. It's my first tag for the area that I live and know so well since 1995! Hang with us. There's a lot of Coues knowledge floating around on this board and we're all willing to help.

Scott

p.s. Let's see a photo of your Coues buck. Let me know if you need help posting it.

scott, i do need some help posting them my moms scanner does not work. would it work for you if i mailed you the pictures had u scan them and mail them back to me? i would really apperciate it. if thats ok with you you can e mail me your address at [email protected]

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom