Casper Wyoming

Conrad8899

I have been a member on here for a while. I don't post a whole lot. I am a Pa resident moving to Casper Wyoming. Would like to no any thing and every thing about Casper. Hows the hunting around there. Good places to eat? Places to stay away from. I leave Monday the 18th. Thanks Rodney

LAST EDITED ON Aug-14-14 AT 02:53PM (MST) by kilowatt (moderator)[p]For a resident, you're going to want to hunt elk SOUTHEAST of Casper in Area 7 in the years you can draw a tag. You'll have to work the landowner issues, but you'll enjoy the hunt for big bulls.

I always liked Casper. Friendly people, friendly prices. I like the trail system they have along the river. Great for walking/jogging.

Eel

Been here 51 yrs and no offense to you, but it's getting too damn big.

Still wouldn't raise my family or live to hunt in any other state.

Your moving to one of the best places in the whole country for pronghorn hunting.

You should be able to put a few nice bucks on your wall. Really a fun animal to hunt.

Hope you like the wind!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I am not a fan only because it takes me 3.5 hours to drive there and its a very boring drive but that's more off subject.

I looked at them. No way can I draw 89. May be 34 special. But the elk tag I am looking at. Will have to be drawn special tag to. That's a lot of coin for two tags... I just want the best bag for my dollars. I drove all the way to the big horns from pa last year. On a left over cow tag. Just to put boots on the ground and scout. It will be a lot easier living in Wyoming... What about the units south of Casper 78,79,80. From what I read the numbers are way down.

Conrad, check your PM here on MM. When you log in and the main Forum page comes up, there will be a "RED FLAG" at the very top edge of the Forums stating you have a PM. Look over and above just a bit and you will see INBOX MAIL just click on that and Presto...you have a message there from someone and at the bottom of that same form you can reply back to the sender and it is ALL PRIVATE JUST BETWEEN THE 2 OF YOU.

Brian
http://i44.tinypic.com/es7x8z.jpg[/IMG]

What about the schools? I'm thinking of relocating and have an elementary aged daughter. How's the crime rate?

My Dad and I started hunting near the Miracle Mile in 1991. We always enjoyed driving into Casper. We'd take our animals to Pats in Mills. Always loved driving out to Mills and seeing the goats so close to town. I think that's all houses now. Casper has grown a lot. It is definitely not the same as it was in '91.

Cancer doesn't discriminate...don't take your good health for granted because it can be gone in a heartbeat. Please go back and read the last line. This time really understand what it says.

Wyoming Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Badger Creek Outfitters

Offering elk, deer and pronghorn hunts on several privately owned ranches.

Urge 2 Hunt

We focus on trophy elk, mule deer, antelope and moose hunts and take B&C bucks most years.

J & J Outfitters

Offering quality fair-chase hunts for trophy mule deer, elk, and moose in Wyoming.

Yellowstone Horse Rentals - Western Wyoming Horses
Back
Top Bottom