Central Mtns Manti

K

kelco

LAST EDITED ON Mar-31-09 AT 10:43PM (MST)[p]
How do I find out the information about how many people put in for this unit and the bonus point breakdown for 2008? I put in for the unit for 2009 and need to find out about point creep. I am putting in for Colorado and have enough points to draw. So I need to plan my hunts accordingly. I have 8 points and was wondering what my odds would be this year to get drawn. I am a non resident.

Manti has the most tags and is the most applied for area in the state. I drew it last year with 11. I am pretty sure your odds are less than 5% that many points short of max. If you do draw drop me a line would be glad to share some knowledge of the area. Good luck

Sorry, I don't think I made mylself very clear. I am a non-resident and put in for the archery and have 8 points. Considering point creep what are my odds this year? I know with 8 points last year people were drawn. How do I calculate odds considering point creep?

Last year you had 7 points. and 4 people with 7 points put in for the archery hunt on central Manti. 1 person or 25% of the applicants drew. So this year with the data from last year you have a 100% chance of drawing your tag. 4 tags will be given to those with the most points, assuming nobody switches to your hunt, you will be one of 3 people with 8 points and there will be 4 tags awarded. There is no way of knowing if anybody switched to Central Manti with more points than yourself, until they draw odds are posted after the draw. the proposal is to add one more permit to the NR draw this year, but that will not affect the max point applicants.

Hope that helps

Thanks. Where do you find out that information? I am also going to be drawn in Colorado. I maybe should have been a little more careful on the draw.

The link above will take you to the draw odds of most western states, and you just need to fill in the drop down boxes of your choice of species, game unit, and weapon, resident or non resident, and how many points you had last year. It will bring up how many people put in for the hunt, and break it down to how many people with how many points put in. Knowing that Utah gives 50% of the available permits, to those with the most points that apply for that hunt. The other 50% are given out randomly by luck of the draw, with more preference given to those with more points. The permit recommendations are listed on the Utah dwr website. So you can add those permit increases into the equation and see if that increases your odds.

I drew Wyoming second choice, and so I am only applying for a point in Colorado this year as I could draw there this year. So I hope to have a great summer scouting Wyo, and a great hunt this fall and then do it all again next year in Colorado.

Thanks. I am getting enough points in other states now that I need to stratagize a little more carefully. I will probably hunt in Co and turn the Utah tag in. I will have another point next year and can get a little better unit.

kelco, if you're doing archery in Colorado too, you could hunt early Sept in UT, last two weeks in Colorado. PERFECT!! IMO Utah archery is too early but you already applied.

LAST EDITED ON Apr-04-09 AT 10:21AM (MST)[p]i drew that tag in 2007 and had 8 points my odds were 1 in 5 i think that you have a pretty good chance of drawing that tag!!!! hti me up if you know that area i have been hunting that place since i was a young with my dad and grandpa!!! good luck

Not sure on Utah's policy on turning in tags. In CO, if you turn in a tag, you can either get your points back or your money back but not both. I think CO is the most liberal in that regard so you'd obviously want to see what will happen if you turn in a nice tag like that in UT. I've been hoping to draw a muzzy tag in the same area but will likely need to wait another year or two.

Bearpaw Outfitters

Experience world class hunting for mule deer, elk, cougar, bear, turkey, moose, sheep and more.

Wild West Outfitters

Hunt the big bulls, bucks, bear and cats in southern Utah. Your hunt of a lifetime awaits.

J & J Outfitters

Offering quality fair-chase hunts for trophy mule deer, elk, shiras moose and mountain lions.

Shane Scott Outfitting

Quality trophy hunting in Utah. Offering FREE Utah drawing consultation. Great local guides.

Utah Big Game Outfitters

Specializing in bighorn sheep, mule deer, elk, mountain goat, lions, bears & antelope.

Apex Outfitters

We offer experienced guides who hunt Elk, Mule Deer, Antelope, Sheep, Bison, Goats, Cougar, and Bear.

Urge 2 Hunt

We offer high quality hunts on large private ranches around the state, with landowner vouchers.

Allout Guiding & Outfitting

Offering high quality mule deer, elk, bear, cougar and bison hunts in the Book Cliffs and Henry Mtns.

Lickity Split Outfitters

General season and LE fully guided hunts for mule deer, elk, moose, antelope, lion, turkey, bear and coyotes.

Back
Top Bottom