Choice Prime Rib Sale

OutdoorWriter

Long Time Member
Safeway in the Phoenix area has them in this week's flyer for $4.97 lb. with the digital coupon. We still have one in the freezer, but my wife is headed there in a bit to get another. We'll be cooking one Sunday as our Easter dinner.

You're in UT, right? It looks like there's an Albertson's down by St. George that has the same sale going. That's about it the entire state. :(

Yep, did the same thing this morning at Fred Meyer. Spiral cut ham for $1.47/lb and about the same deal on a rib roast. With the app and digital discount, they were down to five something - $300 roast for $101; made some fine smaller ones and steaks.

4D32BA5F-7758-48CC-9285-6B2D32FE532F.jpeg

585E63C8-6F7A-4EBC-9BF4-AFD4F43A6AE1.jpeg

Nope Udaho, lol
Check out Blank's reply.

Yep, did the same thing this morning at Fred Meyer. Spiral cut ham for $1.47/lb and about the same deal on a rib roast. With the app and digital discount, they were down to five something - $300 roast for $101; made some fine smaller ones and steaks.

The spiral sliced hams were $1.27 at Safeway. I was gonna have El buy one, then decided not too.

Decided to keep this roast whole to cook all at one time. That will give me plenty for the freezer. I'll cut the leftover into individual meal-size slabs. Gonna have a bunch of tasty bones to gnaw on, as well. Right now, we're trying to figure out how to fit a 20" long roast into a 14" long roasting pan and not having much luck. I hate to cut in two since that results in more cooked ends.

One of the other markets had both country ribs ($ .96 lb.) and beef back ribs ($1.89 lb.) in humongous value packs. I plan to smoke the pork ribs & then use some of those to make the ones with the El Pato hot sauce in the crock pot & use the rest for regular BBQ sauce. Haven't decided what to do with the beef ribs yet.

Also, bought 2 lbs. of strawberries at Safeway for $ .47 & 2 lbs. of blueberries at Fry's (Kroeger's) at $ .87 lb. Both will be used to make syrup for my nightly ice cream treat.

A buddy asked me this morning "How can you justify a hundred dollars for a roast?" You gotta eat, and saving money on food is a lot better/smarter than drinking beer, smoking cigs, or just driving around burning gas. That price for Prime Rib was cheaper than their 93% lean hamburger in the deli!!!

Yup. The roast we got will make quite a few more meals. And considering what a good prime rib dinner costs in a restaurant, $100 is cheap. Plus, mine tastes better. :ROFLMAO:

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom