Chompin' at the Bit

Ozzman

Well Gentlemen... With less than 3 weeks to go til we get to go out and do what we talk about doing all year long on here, I find myself with cabin fever to the max! Was wondering what you all have been doing to pass the time (other than scouting, shooting, a messing around MM's)? I need some ideas to get me through the next few weeks to stay sane :)!

Ozzman, I itching to get out too. I have been trying to finish up some summer classes so I won't have to worry about them the week before the opener. Are you hunting Utah and if so which region?

I'm really getting stoked too.

Even though my scouting was really dissapointing, there is always a chance at a bruiser if you put your time in.

The area I hunt is in Utah (southern).

Yeah, I am in Utah... Hunting Central with my little bro (trying to get him into the archery thing)... Seen some good bucks this summer, hoping to run into a few of 'em again soon.

Was out scouting and have picked up the pace. Have a couple nice bucks scoped out. I am now having serious issues, I just want to be in the woods NOW. If you are having the same issues it sucks.

It's about a month out here in CO, but I'm in the same boat, I can get out as much as I want, but my bow needs to be in my hands, it's alot funner.

I hunt here in Utah too in the Southeast Region. We have been seein some monsters this year so far. I don't know if I will be able to wait much longer. The anticipation is part of the fun, but it kills me.

I'll be heading up Sheep Creek a little bit... I crawl all over that, up and around Strawberry Ridge down into Diamond Fork and Hobble Creek... Depending on what/where we're seeing things will determine where we spend most of our time. I just hate fighting some of the crowds that get up in those areas, but I can't complain too much because I am right up there with 'em.

I've been watching lots of hunting DVD's. Any time I'm in front of the tv now, it's usually to watch other living the dream.

I finally saw some good bucks last night scouting. One of the funnest part was seeing my first badger in a long time. Almost ran him over on my bike riding down the trail. Couldn't get a pic because he didn't want anything to do with me and my big mean mt bike. At least he didn't try to devour my ankle.

>>>---->
For the love of the game

Thats where I took my first archery buck! I haven't been up there yet this year, but I would love to get up there and get my little bro on something.

Try having a Book Cliffs tag and being to far to scout. I am going to go a couple days early and hope to blunder into one before it opens.

I shoot twice a day. It is the one thing I can do as I wait.

Good Luck to all.

I'm heading out in sept.
Colorado.
the guys are comming over this weekend and were going to do some longrange scouting, viea "google earth"

I'm going absolutely freaking insane...I hope to show you all why in about 17 days...good luck to each and every one of you!!

~Z~

I start going through my stuff for the trip. Checking everything twice, washing clothes, packing them up, gathering together my gear, sharpening broadheads, service the rig, etc. I do this every single yr and I'm ready to go when its time to go, basically all I have to do is load the truck and I'm gone. Season opens the 1st but I can't go until the 8th. It will be a long week for sure.

Get all your honey-do's overwith. Nothing worse than a nagging wife during hunting season! (wow did I just say that)

I did get my honey do list done the biggy was re-finishing wood floors - really makes the focus on hunting much more pleasant with the spouse !!!

Now I hope I can do good on Antelope and Cow/Spike Elk with my bow.

I just kicked my GF out cause she was naggin about me watchin deer videos and being gone so much for scouting. HA HA I got a new scout partner and she is hot!!!!!

............YY
.......___Q
...../(....)
......//..\\

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom