Christmas Dinner

DeerMadness

Long Time Member
So what are you putting on the plate ? I have a 12 lb and a 5 lb Prime Rib Roast. I'm going to season them the day before with Bone Suckin' Sauce Rub after a mustard rub and inject a kosher salt, garlic and butter solution. Hickory wood for smoke and 40 minutes a lb at 225°. Mama can handle the rest of the menu.

Turkey & Prime Rib, mashed potatoes & gravy, candied carrots, yams with marsh mellows & brown sugar, rolls with home made black berry jam, oh and a big bowl of black olives. With plenty of California Sparkling Wine!

Sounds like that might just be a winner!!!
It works well, I know many think that just some salt and pepper are great but I love a little kick to my Rib Roast. I'm looking forward to the influenza being over by then too. Looks like you scored on some good roasts too.

Trivia: we don't have "yams" here. We typically have sweet potatoes. Actual yams, when prepared, are similar to taro root in Hawaii (used to make POI) and taste like crap!!!

Prime rib from a few years ago. Cooked low and slow. Almost had to take out a loan back then. With today’s prices first born might be required. ??
D48D668F-9FCE-4ED0-91C7-7604C64E482C.jpeg

Hard to beat Christmas dinners, at anybodies home. My wife and have always been the roasted turkey and dressing people…… the meals you folks are planning sure sound great. Tks for sharing.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom