Chukar photos

Wes

Very Active Member
LAST EDITED ON Sep-19-11 AT 04:05PM (MST)[p]

I realize these are crappy pics but I thought they were cool. Unfortunately I was carrying my Canon SX20 instead of my 40D. I found these guys above our drill site in Nevada. I had a break so I took a hike to explore a couple caves above our site. They were watering inside an old mine shaft. When I first walked into the shaft there was probably 100 birds in there. At first they all ran back in one of the shafts, then they flushed towards the opening. They were literally banging off of me. I was ducking and dodging before I threw my camera up and snapped the photo. I thought they had all flushed and put my camera away when I heard a single coming. I grabbed him as he flew past. As I was holding him trying to get my camera out another one came flying by. I grabbed him with my left hand. Now I'm holding two chukars. Wish I had a third hand to get a photo.
Wes
IMG_1236-1.jpg

_.jpg

Here they are looking back down at me after they ran up the hill.
IMG_1248.jpg

IMG_1246.jpg

IMG_1247.jpg

IMG_1232.jpg

LAST EDITED ON Sep-19-11 AT 04:45PM (MST)[p]The first photo is a Chuckar hunter's dream. Forget the dog.:)

Eel

Awesome pics Wes. That must have been a sight to see all those chukars flushing out of the cave in mass.

Eldorado

Nice pictures. Those are some of the best action pictures of chukars I have seen.

"I have found if you go the extra mile it's Never crowded".

Very cool pics

Have dogs and am willing to travel as well. Actually, we are planning on hitting NV this year for some chukar hunting.

"Where in Nevada are you drilling"? Boy talk about a blatant attempt to find a chukar honey hole. If that guy is smart, he will not even tell his drilling crew members about the chukars.

RELH

Thanks for the pics,

I have a love hate relationship with chukars. I love finding them, but I hate the hills, rocks, and cheat grass that they call home.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom