CO Preference Point-Draw Process Question

crcountry

Hello All-

If there are 20 NR tags for a hunt, how many tags go to the highest point holders?

Here's some math...and a question to follow:

20pts- 1 tag drawn out of 1 applicant=100%
17pts- 2 tags drawn out of 2 applicants=100%
15pts- 3 tags drawn out of 3 applicants=100%
12pts- 7 tags drawn out of 9 applicants=77%
11pts- 7 tags drawn out of 10 applicants=70%

Question= Why didn't all of the 12pt holders draw a tag?

Thanks-
Chris

Probably put in as a party with someone who had less points than it took to draw. One guy has 12 and the other has 10, so the party didn't draw.

I think another reason for that could be if someone returned a tag. It would show up as a drawn tag but when the report comes out it would show as not drawn.

Colorado's published statistics are the "first pass" stats and thus do not reflect any returned licenses. The anomalies described by the OP are caused entirely by party apps. When you apply as a member of a party, your draw rank is set by the lowest point holder in your party. Thus you become ineligible to draw even though you'd otherwise have plenty of points. This effect in the stats report was confirmed by the supervisor of the licensing department a few years ago.

Could it also be that their credit card did not work and Colorado moved to the next in line?

>Could it also be that their
>credit card did not work
>and Colorado moved to the
>next in line?

I think they go to great lengths to contact you for ur money unlike Arizona. I don't think they just move on without giving u a chance to pay

>But there is still a hard
>date for paying for the
>license, miss it and you
>lose your points.

I know some guys that whined and cried and got their points back. Wish CP&W woulda stuck to their guns.

#livelikezac

The "Draw Recap" is generated at the time of the draw, and remains the final official draw stats document. A few days later, the draw results are published and results are communicated to applicants. In the coming days and weeks, those who win licenses can pay, or not pay. But the original Draw Recap report is never updated or re-published. The original Draw Recap report is the one that remains on-line permanently.

Ridn9high, thats not the way it works. Party points go off the lowest number of points in the group. If 10 guys are applying as a party and 9 of the 10 have 10 points and the 10th guy has only 3 points, now the party has 3 points. Either the whole party draws or no one draws. They dont take only part of the party. Party apps go off the member with the lowest points.

This is a very good question and one that I have often wondered myself. I do know that the stats are based off the initial draw results and not after tags have been turned back in or people didnt pay. I would like to here a CPW answer to this question.

>Ridn9high, thats not the way it
>works. Party points go off
>the lowest number of points
>in the group. If 10
>guys are applying as a
>party and 9 of the
>10 have 10 points and
>the 10th guy has only
>3 points, now the party
>has 3 points. Either
>the whole party draws or
>no one draws. They dont
>take only part of the
>party. Party apps go
>off the member with the
>lowest points.

I know how the party applications works. I know they go off the lowest point holder in a party group application. Never said they take part of the group.

Colorado Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Rocky Mountain Ranches

Hunt some of the finest ranches in N.W. Colorado. Superb elk, mule deer, and antelope hunting.

Frazier Outfitting

Great Colorado elk hunting. Hunt the backcountry of unit 76. More than a hunt, it's an adventure!

CJ Outfitters

Hunt Colorado's premier trophy units, 2, 10 and 201 for trophy elk, deer and antelope.

Allout Guiding & Outfitting

Offering high quality mule deer, elk, bear and cougar hunts in Colorado units 40 and 61.

Ivory & Antler Outfitters

Hunt trophy elk, mule deer, moose, antelope, bear, cougar and turkey on both private land and BLM.

Urge 2 Hunt

We offer both DIY and guided hunts on large ranches all over Colorado for archery, muzzleloader and rifle hunts.

Hunters Domain

Colorado landowner tags for mule deer, elk and antelope. Tags for other states also available.

Flat Tops Elk Hunting

For the Do-It-Yourself hunters, an amazing cabin in GMU 12 for your groups elk or deer hunt.

Back
Top Bottom