Colonoscopy prep tomorrow...

Not that big of a deal. Be home, take prep and use the restroom a few times (just stay home and use the wet wipes), get up in morning and get the procedure done. Hopefully good for 5-10 years.

And yes, you can hold it if you’re in the middle of doing something else. It’s not like an explosive stomach virus… Just be careful

As far as the procedure itself, sweet dreams. Nothing to be afraid of.

You’ll be so hungry afterwards that the big guts will already be eating the little ones. Take advice from someone who learned the hard way and DO NOT eat a whole pepperoni pizza for lunch on the way home.

The worst part, by far, is the prep. I did the two part prep and could barely gag it down. Especially the second part. Drink lots of water.
The actual procedure is a breeze.

Hey Wisz?

I Thought You'd Already Posted Something Like This?

You Getting Another One Already?

JUDAS!

First one....but I was going to ask how the pain was for you after something over 8 inches in your butthole?

Figured you'd be the one to ask with so much experience. :)

Hey Wisz!

It's Kinda Like A Daily Occurrence Around This MM Joint!

Are You WUSSIN Out Again This Time?

Or Is It Maybe Gonna Happen?

First one....but I was going to ask how the pain was for you after something over 8 inches in your butthole?

Figured you'd be the one to ask with so much experience. :)

I get to have them regularly because of having polyps and family history. I’ve had 5 so far.

For the prep follow the instructions and don’t plan on any other activities once you start.

The procedure is the easy part. Shouldn’t have any pain or discomfort. I haven’t yet. Hopefully you’re scheduled for early in the day because you can get mighty hungry and thirsty. Enjoy a nice meal afterwards but don’t go overboard.

Best of luck.

For future - Schedule them as earlier in the am as possible. You will be hungry and ready to eat afterwards. Besides who wants to wake up early and wait around for this activity.

For future - Schedule them as earlier in the am as possible. You will be hungry and ready to eat afterwards. Besides who wants to wake up early and wait around for this activity.
This. Eat until 10 PM and then have early AM appointment. Get it done and eat after before you really have to fast or go without food for very long. This is what I did on my second one a few months ago.

Now you will know where the saying of stuffing 20 lbs of s--t in a 5lb bag comes from.......try not to grunt it's not very becoming of a tough guy....

I have to take my 4 pills here shortly. Then at 6:30 pm take the Osmotic Laxative. I can have chicken broth, jello, black coffee, tea, etc. Nothing solid. I am already hungry. LOL. I'll drink some broth here shortly. At 7:30 am tomorrow, I take the second dose of Osmotic Laxative. The colonoscopy is scheduled for 12:30 pm. My wife and I have travel plans over the next month and a half so it was either take the 12:30 app or wait 2 months. I want to get this over with. I plan on watching a lot of hunts on youtube and stay in the house. Thanks for all the positive thoughts.

my advice would be don't go looking for medical advice on MM..

though @one_dryboot might have some insight on this. he apparently learned a lot about that end of the system somewhere in Cleveland

Having colon surgery Friday, so will be preppin as well tomorrow. For future scopes, switch to a liquid diet a day or two early and avoid vegs and red meats fora few days, and the prep "goes" better...

my advice would be don't go looking for medical advice on MM..

though @one_dryboot might have some insight on this. he apparently learned a lot about that end of the system somewhere in Cleveland
My only experience advice from my Cleveland days is if you are receiving a Colonoscopy, and both of Docs hands are on your shoulders, you should start to ask questions.

I've got my pre-consult call next week and I imagine I'll be at the same place you're at in March when they do the procedure. I think they said it was in Pismo.
Dr Kovel Shaw in Santa Maria is doing mine. It hasn't been bad. I am just now drinking the first 32 ounces of the miralax stuff. Should be an interesting night. Jello has been a God send. Drank about 48 ounces of chicken broth today. I'll probably have another 30 ounces by bedtime I'm sure.

When I had one done there was about a dozen of us scheduled at the same time. It was kind of like an assembly line. It kind of reminded me of when I took the physical for the Army.

Hey Wisz!

What You Don't Know They're Gonna Scope Both Ends!

At Least That's What They Done To Me!

When The Doc Was Done,He Said:How Was That?

I Said:Next Time Send The Camera Down My Throat First JACK-Ass!

Hey Wisz!

What You Don't Know They're Gonna Scope Both Ends!

At Least That's What They Done To Me!

When The Doc Was Done,He Said:How Was That?

I Said:Next Time Send The Camera Down My Throat First JACK-Ass!
Both ends? Did they straight pipe ya?

Hey Wisz!

Just wanted To Let You Know Not To Worry About Work!

I've Got You Covered!

I've Got This Gal Hired To Help You Out For A Couple Days!

Holy cow we elkass, you spend a lot of time on YouTube. Hey Wiz, hopefully everything came out ok for you. 😉

When I had one done there was about a dozen of us scheduled at the same time. It was kind of like an assembly line. It kind of reminded me of when I took the physical for the Army.
Did everyone grunt like we did in the physicals that Sergeant had the biggest fingers I ever seen LOL

All went great. The procedure was a breeze. They removed 3 polyps and will have them biopsied. The prep wasn't bad at all. The worst part was being hungry. I like chicken broth and consumed a 48 ounce carton as well as a 24 ounce carton. I had 4 small jello's as well. Drinking the Miralax was a piece of cake. It's not hard to drink 32 ounces of Lemon lime Gatorade if it's 8 ounces every 15 minutes. I wasn't on the toilet a bunch as I thought I would be. It wasn't the weightloss wonder that I thought also. I was at 189.7 when I woke up the morning I started the prep. This morning when I woke up I was 190.1. So, I gained weight. Yesterday I had a Blenders, some almond brittle, In-N-Out and 2 bowls of Chex Cereal for desert. Yes, I over ate and I don't give a sh!t. I earned it. LOL. Colonoscopy's are not hard......that's what she said.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom