Colorado Governor’s Tag Buck

hawkbill

Very Active Member
Hearsay- Unit 44- 250”- Trophy Home Buck
image0000002.jpeg
Resized_image0000.jpeg

That buck is incredible… I wouldn’t be able to wipe a smile from my face for a year.

That would be a crazy story if it's true! Spend thousands on a governor tag and shoot this guy on a leftover draw or whatever.

If you’re a mule deer nut it’s a buck “someone” you know has killed in his/her generational experience hunting big bucks.
Congratulations to the buck and hunter?‍♂️

No yearling for sure. Buck had some stories to tell…

You guys care to know something crazy? This is the hunter's second (yes, second!) biggest buck.

I dream that I can live and hunt long enough to maybe see in the wild, let alone kill, a legitimate 220 incher--and that would still be 30 inches behind lol.

Last edited:
You guys care to know something crazy? This is the hunter's second (yes, second!) biggest buck.

I dream that I can live and hunt long enough to maybe see in the wild, let alone kill, a legitimate 220 incher--and that would still be 30 inches behind lol.
This buck looks half moose/ half amazing. What a beautiful beast he shot. The hunter has killed 2 huge bucks. Pretty lucky guy, he should play the lottery??

Now that's how you put a Governor's tag to use. Unit 44 is still looking great after all of these years.

I don't know, his right front fork looks weak. I think I'd have to pass and hope he grew a better fork there next year.

Seriously, congrats to the hunter and Hill Guides and Outfitters. What a dream buck; a true giant.

Bobby and Clay sure strive to get their names out there opposed to the other ranches in the area. decent deer though

What a year, doubled up on monsters… should have hit Rocky Mt. Arsenal and got the real beast of the front range that “goodbull” is snapping pics of

I have been wondering when the pic would hit MM. I got the text the other day and wondered how long it would take.

I personally know the hunter. I've been to his house and seen his game room. I have never seen anyone as crazy about huge mulies (and sheep) as he is. I forget how many mulies he has legitimately over 200--but it is A BUNCH.

Congrats to him. He (and his wife) have put a lot of energy, effort, and resources into the year they have had. You will not meet a more humble and approachable couple. I am so very happy for them. He kills the bucks that live in my dreams!

What a year, doubled up on monsters… should have hit Rocky Mt. Arsenal and got the real beast of the front range that “goodbull” is snapping pics of
Every goof ball that owns a camera is out there from sun up to sun down. I went just to have a look at them. There is actually 2 great bucks out there. One they call "slingshot" and I can't remember the other, but he is the bigger than slingshot. There were literally 60-80 paparazzi running up and down the road trying to get pictures. There were big buses that looked like news crews. Never saw anything like that before.

Every goof ball that owns a camera is out there from sun up to sun down. I went just to have a look at them. There is actually 2 great bucks out there. One they call "slingshot" and I can't remember the other, but he is the bigger than slingshot. There were literally 60-80 paparazzi running up and down the road trying to get pictures. There were big buses that looked like news crews. Never saw anything like that before.
Yep, I work near the arsenal and we would see nice whitetail driving by occasionally on 56th, but man didn’t know there were two bruisers running around out there

I have been wondering when the pic would hit MM. I got the text the other day and wondered how long it would take.

I personally know the hunter. I've been to his house and seen his game room. I have never seen anyone as crazy about huge mulies (and sheep) as he is. I forget how many mulies he has legitimately over 200--but it is A BUNCH.

Congrats to him. He (and his wife) have put a lot of energy, effort, and resources into the year they have had. You will not meet a more humble and approachable couple. I am so very happy for them. He kills the bucks that live in my dreams!
Makes it even better that he is a down to earth dude, couple of unreal deer!

Sounds like he was on public land.
Probably was, the line between the neighborhood and public land is a road, that's it. That buck lived life on the edge, he was constantly being watched and was only yards from death multiple times.

The residents did their best to keep him out of trouble but the rut was hot n heavy. Frankly, I am surprised he survived 2nd and 3rd season.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom