Colorado governor tag

Romulus

I am surprised the Colorado governor tag went for so much money this year when it appeared that the governor and raffle tag holders in 2008 had so much trouble finding huge bucks. Does someone have some inside info or is it just the heat of the bid battle and ego that caused the price to get to that level. From what I saw it appeared that none of the "special tag holders "in 2008 even killed a buck over 200. What gives

It did go for a lot, but worth it if a guy has a boatload of dough. I've been told that one of the gov. tag guys last year passed on the monster that Mike Brownlee shot. The buck books both ways I guess.

I think often the guys who buy the tags do so with the hope of finding something truly gigantic. 220 bucks are great, but I would guess their hopes are often much higher. So, they ended up looking and looking and just not finding a gigantic buck (they are rare, even if you can hunt for 4-5 months).

I know there are some REALLY big bucks that they look over in Colorado every year. Often, I think the bucks are on private ground, which will usually cost these guys even more money. Many won't pay and move on and keep searching.

If my hunting budget was 500k per year, I would buy that tag!

Brian Latturner
MonsterMuleys.com

I know where there a few monster deer 230+. It should be a great tag to have this year. Im looking forward to it.

One of the tag holders killed a 254 buck during muzzle season instead of using his gov tag. He was trying to nail 2 monsters in on year. Tough to beat 254!
JC

LAST EDITED ON Feb-16-09 AT 03:17PM (MST)[p]He had a chance to kill a monster ty. but he said he needed to kill something bigger. That buck would have make 210 net easy but i guess he knows what he lookng for. So I'm going to kill him this year I no all the big tag holders will be saad. But I have my eye on quiet few big non-typical muleys. We will see what kind of monster they grow into this year but the typical is mine.

Colorado Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Rocky Mountain Ranches

Hunt some of the finest ranches in N.W. Colorado. Superb elk, mule deer, and antelope hunting.

Frazier Outfitting

Great Colorado elk hunting. Hunt the backcountry of unit 76. More than a hunt, it's an adventure!

CJ Outfitters

Hunt Colorado's premier trophy units, 2, 10 and 201 for trophy elk, deer and antelope.

Allout Guiding & Outfitting

Offering high quality mule deer, elk, bear and cougar hunts in Colorado units 40 and 61.

Ivory & Antler Outfitters

Hunt trophy elk, mule deer, moose, antelope, bear, cougar and turkey on both private land and BLM.

Urge 2 Hunt

We offer both DIY and guided hunts on large ranches all over Colorado for archery, muzzleloader and rifle hunts.

Hunters Domain

Colorado landowner tags for mule deer, elk and antelope. Tags for other states also available.

Flat Tops Elk Hunting

For the Do-It-Yourself hunters, an amazing cabin in GMU 12 for your groups elk or deer hunt.

Back
Top Bottom