Colorado Moose

coyote

Can't decide which Unit to apply for in Colorado any suggestions. Would love to hear any Moose stories from Colorado pictures would be awesome. feel free to PM me. Thanks in advance

2541moose_005.jpg

I have waited 20 years for a Colorado Moose tag.
This bull was in a closed unit.
Rick

That's the kind of bull I'm looking for. I drew a WY NR bull tag in 8 years. 20 plus years here in Colorado without a sniff of a tag.

My buddy drew a bull tag in Unit 161, Big Creek Lakes area, after 8 years of trying, in 2009. I joined him on the 3rd day of his hunt, and he had seen one bull moose on private land.

On the last day he could hunt, at about 8am, a bull walked into the meadow we were watching and he killed it. It was a dandy, with a 42 1/2" spread. One shot at 175yds, with a 168gr Barnes TSX out of his 300wsm, and the work started.

In 6 days of hunting, there were only 2 moose seen. We cut tracks in the snow twice, and we were very concerned he was going to have 'tag soup'. There just weren't many moose in the area. A couple of guys camping near us had cow moose tags, and, as of the day we left, they had not filled a tag.

LAST EDITED ON Jan-27-13 AT 03:27PM (MST)[p]This drawing year will mark lucky year 26 for me here in Colorado.:)

I did luck out and drew an Idaho NR first time I applied though.

Seriously, good luck to you.

There's only 1 degree of DEAD!

wow 26 years is a long waite you deserve a tag this year. I drew a goat tag with 7 pts so I'm hopeing the moose tag is closer to 7 years than 26 I'm also putting in for sheep. Good luck

Yep first year they gave a moose tag was 1988.
So 2013 is year 26...Who ever has the most weighted points
when we die wins.

LAST EDITED ON Jan-31-13 AT 01:29PM (MST)[p]>...Who ever
>has the most weighted points
>
>when we die wins.

I truly hope to have 0 at that time.

If I remember correctly, the first year I applied there were 500-600 applicants, and it looks like 2012 saw just over 15,000 resident applicants.

There's only 1 degree of DEAD!

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom