Colorado Return Tag Email

BigChiefJ

Has anyone got an email from Colorado about a returned tag from
<[email protected]>
It looks like a scam. I added a picture of the email.

They claim I applied for a tag as a first choice when I actually applied for it as my third choice. I also drew my second choice so I couldn't buy the tag even if I wanted.

It's also not a tag that would be reissued this way. It would simply go on sale Wednesdays.

SCAM.jpg

Interesting - Have you contacted CPW regarding this email?
Has anyone got an email from Colorado about a returned tag from
<[email protected]>
It looks like a scam. I added a picture of the email.

They claim I applied for a tag as a first choice when I actually applied for it as my third choice. I also drew my second choice so I couldn't buy the tag even if I wanted.

It's also not a tag that would be reissued this way. It would simply go on sale Wednesdays.

View attachment 120473
Interesting - Have you contacted CPW to clarify?

The email address looks a little suspicious, but the fact they list a phone number and encourage you to contact them rather than wanting you to click on a link seems legit.

I called the number just for fun and got a lady's voicemail. She said you could leave a message or call the main number (which is the same as what's listed on the CPW website) if you wanted immediate assistance. That also seemed pretty legit.

I would call the main CPW number and ask to get transferred just to be safe, but it looks like it could be legit. If it is, you still need to work out the issues you mentioned with the tag itself.

I replied to the email and it's legit. They replied with: Hi Jason - Unfortunately our system does not take into account which other licenses you currently hold or your choice order when the data is pulled that you applied for that hunt code, just that you were next in the draw order/reissue offer order. But thanks for letting us know!

I thought they only contacted the next applicant in line for the tags that took a certain number of points to draw. This hunt went to the second draw.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom