Colorado Springs

Snuffy

I watch a little group of bucks when I am not working out of town and noticed today the bigger bucks have dropped their horns too bad it is not on my property. Anyone else seeing bucks dropping antlers?
Thank You
Rick

Dang Snuff, didn't know you were in the Springs, I'm in Falcon. My buddy has found one in Castle Rock, but most are still carrying. Still a week or two from the majority dropping.

Actually I am in the Falcon area have a place by the Gun Range but work out of town for month's at a time.
Thank you
Rick

nope haven't seen any drop in town yet either, didn't realize you guys were from the springs.
I am in Cimarron hills.

Mntman

"Hunting is where you prove yourself"

Hey fella's,

I'm in Cimarron Hills as well and haven't seen any bucks that dropped yet. I've never found anything this early but don't usually go out looking this early... I can wait a bit longer so the deer don't get pressured.

2f350s: Spend the money on additional licenses and HUNT more!

Didn't know all of you were in the Springs. I live in Peyton.
My property borders the Kiowa Creek RFW. I saw 3 big bucks this morning, all still carrying.

Seen a small 3 point at work, his left dropped and then found a small 3 last thursday that was fresh.

Mntman

Well, I dont know any of you and have never corresponded directly with any of you....
But it sounds like we've got a group of us here in the Falcon area that enjoy hunting, the outdoors and a campfire or 2....

Im a retired Army guy who lives here in town as well...

If anyone wants to get together for a cup of coffee and swap stories without divulging secret honey holes... let me know....

Al

Would like to get together and can introduce you folks to a lot more people that hunt but do not chose to be a member of MM.
Thank You
Rick

Sounds like a good idea, I'd meet up somewhere. Talking hunting is always fun :)
Mntman

Sounds Good. I usually only make it to Falcon on the weekends. Does anyone ever make it over to the Latigo Arena?
They have a great Breakfast.

I hear tell Latigo is great, I'd go. I'm a little hesitant though, how are we all supposed to remain internet tough and 10 feet tall? Y'all might find out I'm 4'11 and look like Tristate!

Fella's I'd get together when I return from Largo Maryland in April when I finish working. I'll check the site in the meantime.

2f350s: Spend the money on additional licenses and HUNT more!

Is that the place up in black forest?
4'11" that is still 18" taller than tristate, so don't worry :)
Mntman

Latigo is just North of Falcon heading towards Black Forest.
It is a Equestrian Center. The restaurant has pretty good food. It gets pretty busy when there are Rodeos and Horse shows. I tend to spend a fair amount of time up there with the kids.
Not sure if I want to put faces with everyone's names though.

I'm up for it, any Saturday is good for me...
someone pick a day and time.....
I recommend private message rather than blast on the page... other wise it might be a convention of spies trying to find out where "canttellyawhereitiscreek" really is....

It'll get me out of chores if I tell the wife I got a meeting to get to!!

All,
Long time MM follower, I rarely post. I live in Falcon as well. Meridian Ranch. Did anyone get together? I'd love to talk hunting. BTW, Latigo Grill has a great breakfast. Let me know. Send a pm and I'll exchange contact info. If anyone's interested.
Nk

I will be at Latigo all day on Saturday, my Granddaughter is showing in a Horse Show. Next weekend is the Little Britches Rodeo and the Restaurant is Standing Room Only.
Mtman, what are you doing Posting at 3am?

I work nights, we sit around waiting for things to break (which rarely happen) so I man the internet ensuring it still works for 12 hours straight :)
Mntman

So, I'm gonna throw myself out there...

Saturday at about 8am... I'll grab a spot and hang out...
anyone wants to join me, feel free... I will talk about anything but specifics on my favorite "spot", religion and the price of gas!!

I'll be wearing a Green Hoodie with a "Team Dead Elk" on the front and most likely a Dallas Cowboys Hat.... don't judge me!!! LOL!!!

If anything, sounds like I'm gonna get a good breakfast out of it and away from morning chores!!!

Al

I will be there, I will be wearing a Black Cowboy Hat, so, I will look like everyone else. I will have to jump in and out getting horses ready.

I'm probably out, my son has hunters ed Saturday. If I can make it, seeing how Y'all are dressing up, I'll be the one doing the helicopter! ;)

I'll be the one
>doing the helicopter! ;)

lol, if that is the case then I think I will be too busy separating fly crap from black pepper... :D

Mntman

Colorado Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Rocky Mountain Ranches

Hunt some of the finest ranches in N.W. Colorado. Superb elk, mule deer, and antelope hunting.

Frazier Outfitting

Great Colorado elk hunting. Hunt the backcountry of unit 76. More than a hunt, it's an adventure!

CJ Outfitters

Hunt Colorado's premier trophy units, 2, 10 and 201 for trophy elk, deer and antelope.

Allout Guiding & Outfitting

Offering high quality mule deer, elk, bear and cougar hunts in Colorado units 40 and 61.

Ivory & Antler Outfitters

Hunt trophy elk, mule deer, moose, antelope, bear, cougar and turkey on both private land and BLM.

Urge 2 Hunt

We offer both DIY and guided hunts on large ranches all over Colorado for archery, muzzleloader and rifle hunts.

Hunters Domain

Colorado landowner tags for mule deer, elk and antelope. Tags for other states also available.

Flat Tops Elk Hunting

For the Do-It-Yourself hunters, an amazing cabin in GMU 12 for your groups elk or deer hunt.

Back
Top Bottom