Colorado Wolf Comment Period

tailchasers

Long Time Member
The opportunity to provide comments to the US Fish and Wildlife Service regarding introducing wolves in Colorado using the 10(j) rule is upon us.

I encourage you to submit comments ASAP but before 10:00p.m. on Monday, August 22nd.

This 10(j) rule will allow management options (including lethal control) of problem wolves. Without this rule, the State will introduce wolves and we will have no management options and we will have the same scenario that is going on in the Walden area.

You are welcome to use some, all, or none of the below comments but we hope you will submit comments before Monday evening.

Click https://www.regulations.gov/document/FWS-R6-ES-2022-0100-0001 to go to the page where you can simply click "comment" and provide your feedback.

Wolf Talking Points

We respectfully request:

1. The 10(j) Rule be used and the wolves in Colorado be classified as non-essential experimental populations. (these are three important words)

2. 10(j) Rule to be used across the entire state, not just the Western Slope.

3. The Fish and Wildlife Service to Evaluate:

· The impacts to small businesses (livestock and wildlife related) with and without the ability to manage through the 10(j) rule which includes lethal control of problem wolves.

· The impacts to rural communities when ranching and outfitting businesses go out of business. The economic impacts to the main street businesses are significant.

We support the Fish and Wildlife Service’s Alternative Concept 1 that would apply Section 10(j) Rule to the Gray wolf across Colorado.

Active management will support successful introduction of wolves because it will give impacted citizens and communities hope that there are limits to the negative impacts of the wolves. Without a way to deal with problem wolves, more “take” will occur.

Thanks! I sent in my comment in support of the reintroduction and I also sent it out to all my pro wolf friends.

Exciting times ahead for Colorado

#bringingbackthwild

#2 is rather odd. I’m inclined to allow them to feed amongst their supporters.
I probably misunderstand what this means. I assumed that there were two possibilities:

1) An essential population some places, and a non-essential population other places.

OR

2) The whole population in non-essential.

They are requesting #2.

Not correct?

I hate to be a fun hater, but the question before us is whether to allow the use of lethal methods (no doubt a regulatory nightmare) to control problem woofs.

The stupidity of reintroduction has already been settled by the voters.

I hate to be a fun hater, but the question before us is whether to allow the use of lethal methods (no doubt a regulatory nightmare) to control problem woofs.

The stupidity of reintroduction has already been settled by the voters.
Yep….pure democracy is a beautiful thing….huh?

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom