Come on LittleBighorn

Come on Mikey!
We're in the throws of deep depression because the whole experience ended much sooner than we wanted or anticipated!
It will all come in time, so take some deep breaths! :)

LOL, Zeke.
I am a little anxious. I am sad that he did not get to hunt into mid October, but it appears the trophy was worth the condensed hunt.
I am breathing deep :)

Hey LB,
For some reason I read your post, and thought it was from your Monkey of a Friend Zeke :)
So, I am sad YOU did not get to hunt longer, but still want the story.
You are the man!

Mikey

>Hey LB,
>For some reason I read your
>post, and thought it was
>from your Monkey of a
>Friend Zeke :)
>So, I am sad YOU did
>not get to hunt longer,
>but still want the story.
>
>You are the man!
>
>Mikey

Hey, I've been thrown under the bus enough lately! I can't take any more, Mike. (It's alway good to know that you're thinking of me though. LOL)
Zeke

OK...here you go.

As of today my son Spence and I have spent 27 days scouting and hunting desert sheep in the Utah Zion unit. It has been an amazing adventure to say the least, with an unbelievable outcome.

Finding sheep in the heavy trees and cut canyons of the Zion is a challenge. On the evening of my second hunting day, we split up to broaden our search. Just as it was getting dark lady luck smiled on us, as Spence spotted my ram on a ridge two miles away.
It took us most of the next day to relocate the old ram, but eventually we found him tucked up on a little shelf in the next canyon. Good fortune also allowed us to move in close and take him at only 150 yards.

It was an amazing end to 40+ years of dreaming about hunting desert sheep.

Thanks to many, many good hunting friends and especially my son, for your encouragement and support!

https://www.flickr.com/photos/127616441@N08/sets/72157648354891547

OMG! That Ram is way bigger than i expected to see.

Did you just get lucky or what? :)

That's a stud Ram right there, Congrats!

Joey

"It's all about knowing what your firearms practical limitations are and combining that with your own personal limitations!"

Sooooo beautiful.

Yelum

YBU

7019yelumlogosig2.jpg

That is an amazing ram Rick. I know first hand how hard it is to find one like that. Thanks for all you did for us.

Fabulous ram! Once in a lifetime is one of those overused terms, but that ram definitely fits that description perfectly! Congrats, Rick!!

Wow LittleBighorn congrats on an awsome ram!

Great photos love those shiny horns almost looks like they have been shellacked...

Horniac

Congratulations Rick and Spencer. What a great Ram, and hunt, to share together.

Awesome Ram, Pics and Congrats to you and your son. That is kewl he was there with you. Thanks for sharing man.
Rutnbuck

WOW!
Truly one of the finest Desert Sheep I have ever seen.
What a magnificent trophy.
You and Spencer are quite the team.
Congratulations Rick!
You are a class act, and a hunting animal.
Well done!

Thanks to you all for the great comments.
One important element of our experience that I omitted in my brief description of the hunt, was the help from many, including bowhunt and others, who shared valuable information about the area.
It is also vital to note that a great friend, Adam Bronson was key to our success and joined us with his friend Brad Hunter to help us harvest the ram.
It is very special to me to have so many great hunting friends. We are all blessed to have such amazing experiences doing what we love. I hope you will all share credit in our good fortune.

Man that is a sweet desert ram. Looks like the hunt of a lifetime, congrats. Just another story to fuel my dream of someday hunting one!

LAST EDITED ON Oct-24-14 AT 09:36PM (MST)[p]Hey, there he is! Like I said before Rick, that old hammer is simply one of the coolest rams I ever seen...the epitome of an all time true nelsoni

Super job all around dudes, you guys did absolutely wonderfully!

**edit---and how about that country as well, stunningly amazing! what a brilliant place to have such a great adventure

Way to go Rick!! Beautiful Ram!

I don't think there is any other quality
so essential to success of any kind as the
quality of perseverance. It overcomes
almost everything, even nature.
-John D. Rockefeller

littlebighorn,
Congrats on a magnificent once in a lifetime trophy and what sounds like a once in a lifetime experience you had with your son.

He is an absolutely beautiful ram. Sounds like you did your homework, put boots on the ground and hit pay dirt.

Hopefully, someday real soon for me and 20 others who are finally in the 2015 fishbowl with 20 Desert pts.

"I hate being bi-polar.....Its awesome"

He is just stunning. What a great ram.

"I have found if you go the extra mile it's Never crowded".
>[Font][Font color = "green"]Life member of
>the MM green signature club.[font/]

Congrats Rick! Great story!

I don't think there is any other quality
so essential to success of any kind as the
quality of perseverance. It overcomes
almost everything, even nature.
-John D. Rockefeller

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom