Come on!!!

8896photo.jpg

That's more like it! The guys that I new hunter 8 days in the two different weeks and never got into bulls that were rutting well, near flag.

I hunted the first 3 days of the hunt and 5 of the last 6 days. I saw and was into elk first weekend. Out of the last 5 days I only saw elk Tuesday morning. Four and half days of zero elk and no bugles! I was in a good unit where I have hunted and killed numerous elk. 7 very experienced hunters in our group and not a single one released an arrow.

This was a very tough hunt. The elk were scattered due to water everywhere and hunters were behind every tree. I have hunted limited success hunts and been into more elk.

I'm thankfull to have had the opportunity and I hunted hard so I am not totally disappointed. It just didn't happen this year for me. Congratulations to all that went and had success.

Next year!

Two friends from Pennsylvania hunted 5A and planned to hunt the entire hunt. Both hunters filled tags in 4 days, with a 6X6 and 5X5, but spent the rest of the first week videoing and playing with elk. This year was an above average hunt, one of the best hunts enjoyed in at least 6 years. There was a lot of action everyday with a lot of bulls being vocal. The area suffered the typical second and third day from hunters over calling but still a lot of action. One thing I noticed prior to the hunt on trail cameras. There was above average number of young bulls. Some of the mature bulls had weak antler growth. That probably from lack of feed early in the antler growth. Not much winter moisture produced a shortage of feed during April, May, & June. It was however good to see all the young bulls.

Gazelle,
I responded to your PM and posted my bull in the elk form.
I'll try to get it in here with more pictures.
Jeff

>Two friends from Pennsylvania hunted 5A
>and planned to hunt the
>entire hunt. Both hunters
>filled tags in 4 days,
>with a 6X6 and 5X5,
>but spent the rest of
>the first week videoing and
>playing with elk. This
>year was an above average
>hunt, one of the best
>hunts enjoyed in at least
>6 years. There was
>a lot of action everyday
>with a lot of bulls
>being vocal. The area
>suffered the typical second and
>third day from hunters over
>calling but still a lot
>of action. One thing
>I noticed prior to the
>hunt on trail cameras.
>There was above average number
>of young bulls. Some of
>the mature bulls had weak
>antler growth. That probably from
>lack of feed early in
>the antler growth. Not much
>winter moisture produced a shortage
>of feed during April, May,
>& June. It was
>however good to see all
>the young bulls.

We ran into these guys a couple times. On the last Saturday of the hunt we were chasing a bull that had looped back to the road. Those guys filmed the bull pushing his cows across the road and he came back to their cow call. Once we bugled for the last time the bull came in Hott and they actually filmed my brothers bull tipping over. Great guys! We just received the thumb drive in the mail yesterday of everything they filmed.

Before they left for PA I watched the video. Talk about being in the right place at the right time. Hmmmm was that you or them in the right place? I'd say you to get the kill and them to video it. I thought it was pretty cool all the way around. Congrat on the kill, it was a great bull.

The whole thing seemed pretty lucky! We decided to change areas just as it was getting to shooting light because we weren't hearing any bugles and seen a herd of cows and a nice bull crossing the road. We took after those elk and ended up on the bull they filmed and he ended up tipping over maybe 80 yards from the road.

I was waiting for my brother to put a story together so I could post it up with the pics and video but he hasn't gotten around to it.

I'll try to write something up and tonight and post everything.

Arizona Hunting Guides & Outfitters

SilverGrand Outfitters

Offering mule deer, elk, antelope, bighorn sheep, javelina, and turkey hunts in Nevada and Arizona.

Arizona Elk Outfitters

Offering the serious hunter a chance to hunt trophy animals in the great Southwest.

A3 Trophy Hunts

An Arizona Outfitter specializing in the harvest of World Class big game of all species.

Arizona Strip Guides

Highly experienced and highly dedicated team of hardworking professional Arizona Strip mule deer guides.

Urge 2 Hunt

THE premier hunts in Arizona for trophy elk, mule deer, couse deer and javelina.

Shadow Valley Outfitters

AZ Strip and Kaibab mule deer, big bulls during the rut, spot-n-stalk pronghorn and coues deer hunts.

Back
Top Bottom