Confused

If you drew it, you put in for it. You may have inadvertently put in for it, but they don't make mistakes on the draw typically. Just request a copy of your application though if you truly think they made a mistake. But yes that would be a tough hunt.

There was a 'Glich' in their system.I put mt daughter in for her two choices for elk but when I printed her app the second choice was different than what she applied for. I called F&G and the lady said it was a 'Glitch' and the correct #2 choice showed in the computer.
I did mine a couple days later and it actually switched my second choice. I changed it back to the correct choice before going to check out and the receipt was correct.

It's a good hunt if you hunt hard. As with any hunt scout your butt off and good things will happen.
Pretty much everyone I've gone with on the late hunt has always at least had an opportunity at a good bull and more times than not multiple opportunities. We killed a 370ish bull on that hunt a couple years back. There was some luck involved but at least u will have an opportunity on any given day of the hunt!
A few buddies have that hunt this year so I'm looking forward to freezing my butt off and hopefully connecting on some good ones we may not get during the archery hunts!

Your points are going away; they have no choice if you take the tag. Your receipt will open up a cpl options for you.

In AZ if you get the tag whether it's 1st or 5th choice you lose points. But if you have proof you didn't put in for it you can do a couple things. Take the tag as is and they are gonna take your points most likely unless they totally miss it somehow. Or you go back and tell them they screwed up and try to convince them since it was their mistake you want your first or second choice tag instead. Or you just give the tag back like you never got it. I'd personally try to get them to give you one of your original choicea. They screwed up your app and they need to make it right. Just curious what hunt numbers do you have down on your receipt?

Don't get me wrong I am not complaining about the tag just surprised about the way it came about. I will hunt this tag any new area is a learning experience that brings a new challenge that I am up for.
Rick

Well this is my thinking at this time I am not going to raise a fuss I drew a tag with very few points and at this time they have not taken my points. Any tag I can draw in AZ as a NR I am fine with.
Thank You
Rick

LAST EDITED ON Apr-24-16 AT 04:57PM (MST)[p]I'd hate to be the guy that actually applied for 7 West late hunt and ended not drawing because they assigned one of the tags to a guy that didn't even apply for it.

>LAST EDITED ON Apr-24-16
>AT 04:57?PM (MST)

>
>I'd hate to be the guy
>that actually applied for 7
>West late hunt and ended
>not drawing because they assigned
>one of the tags to
>a guy that didn't even
>apply for it. out
I do not need your thinking on top of what is going on right now. I contacted F&G today and they have totally different hunt codes than what I have. Hope we can sort sort this out.
Thank You
Rick

Sorry AZ8 I do not fight on the internet but it is hard to read intent in words, I did not take any ones tag on purpose
and I am trying to sort it out but someone has my tag also.
If I end up with 7w late I will make the best of it.
Thank You
Rick

Snuffy. Not blaming you, nor did I say you did it on purpose. I know it's not your fault. I just made an off the cuff statement concerning a valid applicant for 7 West that may have been denied a tag. Again not your fault.

This is a Game and Fiah screw up and should be made right for you and the 7 west hunt applicant.

Hope it works out for you and wish you the best.

Sounds like you inadvertently applied for the wrong unit. Probably used an old book, that has happened to a number of guys I know.

They had last years book and then this year the hunt numbers changed.

If I was a betting man, I'd say that is probably what happened.

Anyway, if you have a tag, two things are gonna happen. You WILL lose your bonus points, and you will have a good hunt!

Don Martin
Arizona Wildlife Outfitters

I'm a little late to this party but it is possible G&F made an input error. I have a friend who last year applied for deer and entered one choice/ first choice only.

He received a tag for a unit he did not apply for. Fortunately he had printed and saved his application confirmation. G&F offered to refund his money and re-instate his bonus points.

He asked them if they could prove he would not have drawn his correct choice. They declined. The next day he received a call letting him know that he would be receiving his 13B deer tag. Friend killed a 200" buck.

If it is their error, stand your ground. Your first and second choice are both better than 7w late.

LAST EDITED ON May-08-16 AT 07:30PM (MST)[p]G&F offered to refund his money and re-instate his BP's because he was charged for a hunt that he did not apply for.

Eventually he received a tag rather than a refund so no refund was issued.

I guess the point is that they do make mistakes. Probably not many but it has happened and did happen.

Imagine having enough BP's that you are at the point where the only unit you apply for is 13B. First choice, one choice. Then you find out you were drawn for a 6a deer tag!
:0

Arizona Hunting Guides & Outfitters

SilverGrand Outfitters

Offering mule deer, elk, antelope, bighorn sheep, javelina, and turkey hunts in Nevada and Arizona.

Arizona Elk Outfitters

Offering the serious hunter a chance to hunt trophy animals in the great Southwest.

A3 Trophy Hunts

An Arizona Outfitter specializing in the harvest of World Class big game of all species.

Arizona Strip Guides

Highly experienced and highly dedicated team of hardworking professional Arizona Strip mule deer guides.

Urge 2 Hunt

THE premier hunts in Arizona for trophy elk, mule deer, couse deer and javelina.

Shadow Valley Outfitters

AZ Strip and Kaibab mule deer, big bulls during the rut, spot-n-stalk pronghorn and coues deer hunts.

Back
Top Bottom