Countersigned Deer tag.

Devlin

I live in Paradise and this was in October, I went to have a deer valadated and they charged me $4.50 for the paper work.Wow!Can you believe that.New rule they started this year.Why don't the fish and game let us valadate our own tags like all these other states ? I get tired of being gouged every time I turn around.....Well thanks for letting me vent...Devlin

Who charged you $4.50? You can pretty much have anyone countersign your tag that is a State or Fed employee, a peace officer, fireman and even business owner (like the locker plant). We stop and have the person at the front desk of the local Forest Service office sign ours each year, never a charge.

Calif_Mike

WOW ! I have never heard of that,I too would also like to know who charged you.

horsepoop.gif

I went to the police Dept. first and they said $4.50 and I said no way so I went to the fire Dept. and they said $4.50 and I paid it because I got tired of running around town.Next time I will take it to the U.S Foresty or maybe the sheriff Dept.I hope this Doesn't catch on its a bunch of bull.

Unreal, I took my buck to DFG this year and they signed it no problem. My friend got his buck and we had a sherriff sign it. There was no paperwork, they just signed it. I live in Bishop maybe it was we are a small town. But I have never heard anyone having to pay.

DFG IS THE WAY TO GO.....Plus you can look at all the other tags in the pile!
rm

WTF? That is total bullcrap. That is another reason that CA has no idea how many deer a harvested. Most guys I know don't even have the deer validated because it pretty tought finding someone in a rural community to validate a tag when it's 10 pm at night. Boy, this pisses me off.

Somebody's collecting beer money.........there ain't no paperwork! It's just a signature.

Hell, maddogpt's deer was so small they had to validate it at Toys-R Us.....LOL

wow, never heard of that ,,, all kinds of people can actually do it,,,, 4.50 to sign your name? thats all the "paperwork there is,,,,

I always sign them myself then promptly throw them in the trash. Returning isn't mandatory

JB

I've got 3 brother-in-laws that are cops and a next door neighbor who is a fireman...I don't have a problem getting mine validated.

$4.50 for a signature? Was that something Feinstein and Boxer came up with? Female Dogs!!!

Hey Guys,

Boy was I upset when I read this topic. I have a good friend who is a game warden for the state. I asked if he knew of this. After a few phone calls I learned that the "CITY" of Paradise charges a $4.40 "deer tag countersigning fee".

The only thing I can tell you is NOT to use any of the government services in Paradise when it comes to countersigning your deer, unless you want to donate to the city's bank account.

By the way, you found a legal buck here in CA? You need to play the lottery. LOL

I have intentionally avoided paying the $4.50 each of the last two seasons. Yea, Right.

It is small potatoes though if you're looking at going to Wyoming next season. Looks like they raised the Non resident Sp Mule deer tag w. point to $606.00 see ELK section, fee's increase

Man, THAT HURTS! ouch, and not only is it the wrong time a year to hafta fork up that kinda green, they don't tell you if you drew a tag until forever... I'm still putting in though, but it hurts and is gettin worse all the time.

I'm sick for the old days when most of what a Out of State Hunt cost was what wages you missed or the job you had to quit, while doing it.

Devlin, just drive down the hill to Chico, they do not charge anything! Short drive !

I'm not paying $4.50 for someone to sign my deer tag! I wouldn't even pay $4.50 if Barry Bonds signed it.

Eel

Why can't we be like any other state and valadate our own tags and mail in the report card? A lot of people don't get them valadated so they don't know the real stats on the zones.I think were behind the times on this.Maybe they will wake up and smell the coffee Ha...Ha....Yea right.

Devlin, you're right, a lot don't go to the trouble of validating. Unless they figure for that some way, CA has no clue how many deer are harvested.

Eel

This is a pretty interesting post.

I live in the Sierra and ever since they invented deer tags, I and my friends and family have always had their deer validated. I consider that almost as urgent as skinning my deer.

I don't consider it a major chore and I don't understand the attitude that is being posted here. Some of you guys are the reason wardens have s****y attitudes......its the law boys.

Getting caught with a head/rack not validated during ANY deer hunting season around here is going to cost you plenty, in both cash and hassle factor. You could lose your rifle, your truck and your hunting privelages.

Mailing in the attached card is up to you, but validating a tag is the LAW and just plain stupid and arrogant if you ignore it. Nobody keeps track of the tags they sign off except DFG personnel, so they actually have nothing to do with harvest stats.

I guess if you don't get it validated you can use it again later.....good idea!....if you poach deer.

Good luck, I hope they break your ass!

NOT REALLY TRUE NICKMAN,,,,, WHEN YOU FILL IN THE INFO. & PUNCH THE DATE OUT .....THAT TAG IS DONE & USED. HAVING SOMEBODYS SIGNATURE ON IT IS NEXT TO WORTHLESS. HAVING TO TRACK A OFFICER DOWN IS NOT WELL THOUGHT OUT. ITS NOT A POACHING ISSUE, I DONT KNOW BUT ONE GUY THAT HAS EVER DONE IT....YD.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos

California Guides & Outfitters

Western Wildlife Adventures

Offering some fine Blacktail Deer hunting, Wild Pig hunts, Turkey hunts and Waterfowl hunts.

Urge 2 Hunt

We offer the top private land hunts in all of California, for blacktail deer, elk, pigs, bison and turkeys.

G & J Outdoors

Offering Tule elk hunts for bulls and cows on a 17,000 acre Ranch in Laytonville, CA with 100% success.

Back
Top Bottom