County roads, Eagle

GLEDEASY

Last year was my first time hunting CO. Had a great time and will be heading back this year.

I'm trying to figure out which roads are county roads in Eagle county, specifically north of 70. I've visited their county website, but thus far I'm not finding what I'm looking for.

Feel free to PM me if you have any information you could pass along.

Have you tried OnX? It shows everything - and even some stuff that it shouldn’t-around these parts.

If you want old school, I always thought the BLM maps were the best for showing everyone’s roads. I don’t even know if you can get them anymore.

I guess I’m old school and really like printed maps. They are great for looking at larger areas rather than a tiny gps or phone screen. Maps are great for writing comments on about access, whopper bucks, waterholes, fences, glassing locations,
etc.

The blm land status maps are pretty good and usually have road numbers. Another great map is paper “Hunting Guide maps available for an entire unit on water and rip proofing paper….DIYhuntingmaps.com.

I just bought a map for $17. It’s at least $30/month for onxmap subscriptions. The subscriptions are a racket as far as I’m concerned because property boundaries hardly ever change and they want monthly fees? Why not just buy a chip for around $100?

My onx map subscription is $99 a year. It has been that way for a couple of years. Access to 50 states and the detail is good along with other nice features including gps.

I guess that's the thing. I have OnX, and e-scouted heavily last year with it. When I made a trip before season to check things out I found a lot of the roads I planned on using to get places were posted no trespassing. These were decent roads, they did go through pieces of private but ultimately led to public land. It changed my hunting plan quite a bit.

Is there a certain way to differentiate non vs county roads using OnX? I'll admit I'm not the sharpest tool when it comes to technology.

I guess that's the thing. I have OnX, and e-scouted heavily last year with it. When I made a trip before season to check things out I found a lot of the roads I planned on using to get places were posted no trespassing. These were decent roads, they did go through pieces of private but ultimately led to public land. It changed my hunting plan quite a bit.

Is there a certain way to differentiate non vs county roads using OnX? I'll admit I'm not the sharpest tool when it comes to technology.
Yea usually if its not a solid line with a number its not county

I guess I’m old school and really like printed maps. They are great for looking at larger areas rather than a tiny gps or phone screen. Maps are great for writing comments on about access, whopper bucks, waterholes, fences, glassing locations,
etc.

The blm land status maps are pretty good and usually have road numbers. Another great map is paper “Hunting Guide maps available for an entire unit on water and rip proofing paper….DIYhuntingmaps.com.

I just bought a map for $17. It’s at least $30/month for onxmap subscriptions. The subscriptions are a racket as far as I’m concerned because property boundaries hardly ever change and they want monthly fees? Why not just buy a chip for around $100?
Me too, nothing beats a 7’ 5” map

That’s my beef with OnX. Something gets whopperdicked when they download easements across private ground. I have that issue at my place. Doesn’t work to tell me OnX says its ok to be there.

BLM still makes maps.

You can get them at a BLM office and Sportsmans Warehouse....oddly, last time I looked, not at CAbelas.

Also, the Maybell General Store....They have a better selection than Cabelas. They atleast did last Antelope season. I doubt that they will have ur area...and that you'll detour up there.

Last edited:

not everyone is real honest when posting "no trespassing" either. ive pulled down many a fraudulent sign and walked right through it from guys/landowner thinking they own something they dont. need to know your chit to do that but when i do i have no problem ripping it down

Another thing to keep in mind is the jumbo mud in Eagle County! They may also limit your access when wet. I've broken a few tire chains and almost rolled my truck a few times in that country! There is a town called "Gypsum" with a dry wall plant. You can imagine what that's like when wet!

Colorado Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Rocky Mountain Ranches

Hunt some of the finest ranches in N.W. Colorado. Superb elk, mule deer, and antelope hunting.

Frazier Outfitting

Great Colorado elk hunting. Hunt the backcountry of unit 76. More than a hunt, it's an adventure!

CJ Outfitters

Hunt Colorado's premier trophy units, 2, 10 and 201 for trophy elk, deer and antelope.

Allout Guiding & Outfitting

Offering high quality mule deer, elk, bear and cougar hunts in Colorado units 40 and 61.

Ivory & Antler Outfitters

Hunt trophy elk, mule deer, moose, antelope, bear, cougar and turkey on both private land and BLM.

Urge 2 Hunt

We offer both DIY and guided hunts on large ranches all over Colorado for archery, muzzleloader and rifle hunts.

Hunters Domain

Colorado landowner tags for mule deer, elk and antelope. Tags for other states also available.

Flat Tops Elk Hunting

For the Do-It-Yourself hunters, an amazing cabin in GMU 12 for your groups elk or deer hunt.

Back
Top Bottom