Covid have you returning draw tags?

khunter

Challenging year for all.

I guess this is mostly for Nonres Colorado hunters...Are you looking at returning your Colo draw tag because of Covid issues? Just wonderimg how many folks are getting itchy about keeping or returning those higher points elk/deer/lope tags and getting pref points back to try again next year.

Good question. One big factor will be if Colorado gets added to the quarantine list from states that send a lot of hunters here. Pennsylvania now lists 20 states that if you travel there, you must quarantine for 14 days upon your return back to PA. Idaho and Wyoming are on the PA list but so far not Colorado.

I would presume if Colo lands on such lists, CPW would be forced to offer more lenient rules for returning tags in a situation like that, such as getting points back if return tag closer than 30 days before season...interesting year for guys burning big points for tags...

Good question. One big factor will be if Colorado gets added to the quarantine list from states that send a lot of hunters here. Pennsylvania now lists 20 states that if you travel there, you must quarantine for 14 days upon your return back to PA. Idaho and Wyoming are on the PA list but so far not Colorado.
How does WY make the list? WY has less than .05% of the total cases in US and has one of the highest recovery rates etc. Talk about Political BS.

This will get worse as November Nears...

How does WY make the list? WY has less than .05% of the total cases in US and has one of the highest recovery rates etc. Talk about Political BS.

This will get worse as November Nears...

I was shocked to see WY on the list. I have some good friends in PA and they all say they their governor is on a power trip.

Dude.....that is a spooky question. I get texts.....like they are watching. :oops: I got a text from the state of Utah within a mile of crossing the state line.

Right on que. Trust us, we would never use your personal information. :rolleyes:

"The application creates a report to help show local health officials what visitors pose the highest risk of infection to local populations, Devine said.

In La Plata County, for instance, the highest exposure risk comes from visitors from the state of Texas. The second highest risk is from Maricopa County, Arizona. The third highest risk is exposure from resident to resident. And the fourth highest risk is people from San Juan County, New Mexico.

All cellphone data is aggregate and does not include personal information."

Tags throughout the west seem to be in a much higher demand this year, because of Covid. OTC tags that sometimes don’t sell out all year are getting sold out in hours. My expectation is that fewer tags will get returned this year than in a typical year.

Right on que. Trust us, we would never use your personal information. :rolleyes:

"The application creates a report to help show local health officials what visitors pose the highest risk of infection to local populations, Devine said.

In La Plata County, for instance, the highest exposure risk comes from visitors from the state of Texas. The second highest risk is from Maricopa County, Arizona. The third highest risk is exposure from resident to resident. And the fourth highest risk is people from San Juan County, New Mexico.

All cellphone data is aggregate and does not include personal information."

We were in Wyoming last week. I’ve never seen so many Texas plates in my life

Tags throughout the west seem to be in a much higher demand this year, because of Covid. OTC tags that sometimes don’t sell out all year are getting sold out in hours. My expectation is that fewer tags will get returned this year than in a typical year.

As we get closer to hunt dates, i think it will depend on economics more than actual virus fears. Still lots of unemployment.

If Colorado requires high risk states to quarantine when they enter the state for 14 days, then you will see a lot of people turn in tags.

Polis has done little to nothing during this whole thing to slow the influx of infected persons. I suspect that will continue.

I'm from Pa. and Dem. Gov. Wolf picked states with Rep. governors to put the 14 day quarantine on. There are a couple exceptions, Ca. is one. Definitely political, but as I understand it is only a recommendation, not a requirement.

Good news for the folks worried about travel and covid, etc. and pondering returning Colorado tags or eating them.

CPW has rolled out more forgiving tag refund and points reinstatement procedures.

If concern about covid or pandemic are cited on the return form you will get your money AND points back if postmarked by 15 days before season start. But not an added point for this year so far. Not publicized yet, but I understand it will be--but take this to the bank. True as of a couple weeks ago. Surely this will impact some nonresidents in particular and some residents.

I wonder if other states may loosen standards too.

Colorado Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Rocky Mountain Ranches

Hunt some of the finest ranches in N.W. Colorado. Superb elk, mule deer, and antelope hunting.

Frazier Outfitting

Great Colorado elk hunting. Hunt the backcountry of unit 76. More than a hunt, it's an adventure!

CJ Outfitters

Hunt Colorado's premier trophy units, 2, 10 and 201 for trophy elk, deer and antelope.

Allout Guiding & Outfitting

Offering high quality mule deer, elk, bear and cougar hunts in Colorado units 40 and 61.

Ivory & Antler Outfitters

Hunt trophy elk, mule deer, moose, antelope, bear, cougar and turkey on both private land and BLM.

Urge 2 Hunt

We offer both DIY and guided hunts on large ranches all over Colorado for archery, muzzleloader and rifle hunts.

Hunters Domain

Colorado landowner tags for mule deer, elk and antelope. Tags for other states also available.

Flat Tops Elk Hunting

For the Do-It-Yourself hunters, an amazing cabin in GMU 12 for your groups elk or deer hunt.

Back
Top Bottom