coyote hunting

silverlake176

Come this fall and winter I'm going to try to do alot of coyote hunting. Been debating what calibur of gun I should get for coyote hunting. Been thinking of either getting a .223 or a .22-250. What gun do you think I should get? Where I'll be hunting coyotes is out in the Oregon desert country. Also have heard of people coyote hunting with the .204. Has anyone here hunted coyotes with a .204? If so how many yards is the .204 good for on a coyote? Any information would be greatly appreciated.

LAST EDITED ON Jul-19-07 AT 09:05PM (MST)[p]300 Ultra Mag does the trick...j/k....I shoot both the .223 and the 22-250. Alot of people like the .204 and the swift. I would shoot whichever you are most comfortable with. If you don't reload, the .223 used to be cheap to shoot that's why I bought it.

I shoot the .204, probably one of the most accurate guns I own. Works great on shots under 200 yards and after that it drops way to fast. A buddy of mine shoots the 220 swift and is also deadly accurate. This caliber gives you that little extra bite when it hits. I also use a 22-250 Akley, this is by far one of the greatest coyote guns IMO. However, any of them .204, 220, 223, 22-50, 243, or heck 300 mag will work. They will all do one thing, and that is put a dog in the dirt. Good luck this fall, be prepared for an addiction.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom