Coyotes in Davis County, Utah

4orMore

Anybody been hunting coyotes in south Davis County, Utah? Just curious what the hunting is like near my home and maybe even let me tag along with you.

I want to do what I can for the deer in my area, but need some tips on how to get started, best calls and some good old "how-to" advice.

Some mornings I can even hear them from my driveway when I'm leaving for work. In my humble opinion, war needs to be declared on those little bastards.

I'd suggest getting a couple of coyote hunting videos to see how it's done. Get yourself a good hand call and get out and hunt. I would say is keep movement to a minimum, get a good set of shooting sticks, and don't get frustrated. Coyotes are some of the smartest animals I've hunted. Once you think you have them figured out they throw you a curveball. Just get out and have fun.

Workman Predator Calls Field Staff
http://www.workmanpredatorcalls.com

I appreciate the advice cjg_beef. It's time I got after them. I was watching deer through my spotting scope just the other day from my front porch, the group seemed nervous and sure enough a coyote popped up about 100 yards away from them. Man, I wish I'd been up there with my rifle to take a crack at him.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom