Crates From SA

cobra55

LAST EDITED ON Feb-07-12 AT 04:08PM (MST)[p]My friends and myself have a crate that is about to ship from SA and I was curious to know how long it might take to get to its final destination,(Utah). This is our first time for a crate so just looking For any info that anyone is able to provide in relation to your own crates that you have rec'd how long might we be looking at and maybe some price ranges for crates. We have about 15 animals coming. Thanks for any info.

My stuff from RSA shipped from PE to New York and then onto South Dakota to USDA taxidermist and then onto me in Utah. Took about 45 days or so. Have you made arrangements with a clearing agent like Fauna and Flora when it hits the coast and customs?

Mine left PE in the RSA on 1/27, I think it is in SFO yesturday right now after taking a slow truck ride from IAD. Awaiting 3-11 day USFW, CDC, USDH, and CBP, approval, then it is on a truck for a 2 day trip to SLC.

A lot depends on the shipping arrangements you've made. If the crate is really ready to leave RSA as Air Cargo, then it will be in the states shortly. You nreed to allow a few days for custom clearance, etc., but mostly likely it will be to your taxidermist in Utah within 2 weeks. Lots of variables, however. Customs brokers were already mentioned, and whether or not the crate is being shipped directly to your taxidermist are both major factors. The long wait is about over!
Bill

Just double checked my stuff. From Port Elizabeth to New York was three days. Then ten days in customs, was over the holidays. Then about a week on a slow truck from New York to South Dakota. Then uncrated so they could do the dipping process on the Warthog and then crated and sent to me. They are all perfect and sent to the tannery now.

LAST EDITED ON Feb-10-12 AT 11:56AM (MST)[p]Well all of our taxi work is being done in SA so the crate just needs to pass customs and then come right to us I believe, or I may be wrong on that. The taxidermist is just waiting on the export permits still so it hasn't even been shipped yet. Thanks for your replies.

>Mine left PE in the RSA
>on 1/27, I think it
>is in SFO yesturday right
>now after taking a slow
>truck ride from IAD. Awaiting
>3-11 day USFW, CDC, USDH,
>and CBP, approval, then it
>is on a truck for
>a 2 day trip to
>SLC.

Crate arrived 2/21/12 wahoo!!! Now the fight with the wife on where to hang them begins.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom