Credit card $.25?

Simple. You take 0.25 and invert it and divide by how many preference points you have and if that equals the take fee, you were drawn.
They make it so simple with that math. Checks out! Looks like I drew a tag I didn't even apply for then.

Looking at the pending charges they are actually not charges and are returns for the $.25.

25 cents? Must be a resident tag! It'd be $1000 if it was a NR tag!! :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

Seriously, is it from CO DNR? Often times places of business will send a small charge to check the card prior to the transaction, then refund it. Think gas pump, to prevent someone from filling up, then driving off because the card was declined.

It was a credit to my account.

Screenshot 2024-05-10 070511```.png

Seems odd because it only happened once, when I had 12 applications in between the three of us. I guess maybe because I paid for all of the applications with the same credit card.

Last edited:
They said it wasn't a charge but a credit. I'm not sure what's going on I've never seen it happen to me or anyone I know

Last edited:
Bingo, the only item CPW charges $0.25 for is the search and rescue fee. But I believe they only charge this for licenses purchased, not applied for.

So, maybe they run it thru on everything, but back it out of the unsuccessful draws? Do we have our own backdoor? Hey Orion, you have your finger in this one too? :ROFLMAO:

Oh man
IF your theory is correct and
IF they did run it thru everything (all species applied for)
And I only got one $.025 credit back for what I didn't draw
Then I drew at least one of two super low probability tags
Early season rifle elk or Moose.........I hope you are spot on!

I'm guessing it is the search and rescue as well. I don't recall if they accidently charged that amount during the application process and are now refunding that fee?

1715712537763.png

I checked my CC and didn't see any $0.25 refund.
looked back at my original changes and they were $131.07 which is the correct amount $10 elk application fee + $10 deer application fee + $12.15 Habitat stamp + $98.92 hunting license = $131.07

1715713282674.png

Last edited:
If these are "refunds" I'm guessing that somehow their system may have accidently charged for the search and rescue when applying for certain species during the applications?

For those of you that are seeing refunds, have you gone back and confirmed the amount your were charged when you applied?

I doubt a refund would be a sign that someone drew anything, since they send an email if your card is rejected for a charge during the initial draw.

1715791793965.png

Colorado Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Rocky Mountain Ranches

Hunt some of the finest ranches in N.W. Colorado. Superb elk, mule deer, and antelope hunting.

Frazier Outfitting

Great Colorado elk hunting. Hunt the backcountry of unit 76. More than a hunt, it's an adventure!

CJ Outfitters

Hunt Colorado's premier trophy units, 2, 10 and 201 for trophy elk, deer and antelope.

Allout Guiding & Outfitting

Offering high quality mule deer, elk, bear and cougar hunts in Colorado units 40 and 61.

Ivory & Antler Outfitters

Hunt trophy elk, mule deer, moose, antelope, bear, cougar and turkey on both private land and BLM.

Urge 2 Hunt

We offer both DIY and guided hunts on large ranches all over Colorado for archery, muzzleloader and rifle hunts.

Hunters Domain

Colorado landowner tags for mule deer, elk and antelope. Tags for other states also available.

Flat Tops Elk Hunting

For the Do-It-Yourself hunters, an amazing cabin in GMU 12 for your groups elk or deer hunt.

Back
Top Bottom