Credit Card Hit!

dillon

Very Active Member
LAST EDITED ON May-18-12 AT 07:12AM (MST)[p]I just got charged $408 for my mountain goat tag on Willard Peak and $35 for my general archery tag.

869cc.jpg

www.dillonhoyt.com

LAST EDITED ON May-18-12 AT 07:48AM (MST)[p]Looks like I got my muzzleloader deer permit. Hopefully I get hit for a limited entry elk also.

Question: I got hit for a general deer tag and nothing else. Could I still get hit for another tag later?

I just got hit for my archery deer tag. Hope to see a $280.00 hit still for my elk.

Got hit for 2 deer tags and my 13 yr old drew the youth early elk tag.

Cant wait now for my boy

Good luck to everyone

WW0801

LAST EDITED ON May-18-12 AT 09:44AM (MST)[p]$280 LE Elk Bookcliffs roadless any weapon.
$35 GSD

I am on cloud 9 right now! Not getting a whole lot done at work!

}}-SLIVER-->

Since CWMU Deer Tags are same price as General Tags $35, is the wording the same on the bank charge "Utah Bucks Permit"? Just trying to determine if I drew a CWMU deer tag or just the General Deer tag.

Job hunting is going great. Interviews went really well in Wyoming, but I won't know if I got the job until June. I will have to surrender my mountain goat permit before the end of August if I am in police academy. I am going to wait as long as I can to surrender the permit. I do need a job more than a mountain goat permit. It can't hurt to scout the area and hope everything works out in the end.

Dillon

www.dillonhoyt.com

I had 8 bonus points going into this years draw, and then UDWR increased the number of permits available. I applied for the nanny hunt because my odds of staying in Utah are pretty slim at the moment and I wanted to draw the tag before I move away for employment. Going into the draw I knew I would draw the permit, but I also knew I might be in police academy this fall. So I applied, drew the tag, and now I have to see how the job searching plays out. I can always surrender the permit and get my points back to use them as a non-resident in the future. The best outcome would be that I get a great job and I get to hunt this hunt this fall.

www.dillonhoyt.com

>I had 8 bonus points going
>into this years draw, and
>then UDWR increased the number
>of permits available. I
>applied for the nanny hunt
>because my odds of staying
>in Utah are pretty slim
>at the moment and I
>wanted to draw the tag
>before I move away for
>employment. Going into the draw
>I knew I would draw
>the permit, but I also
>knew I might be in
>police academy this fall.
>So I applied, drew the
>tag, and now I have
>to see how the job
>searching plays out. I can
>always surrender the permit and
>get my points back to
>use them as a non-resident
>in the future. The best
>outcome would be that I
>get a great job and
>I get to hunt this
>hunt this fall.
>
>www.dillonhoyt.com
>

Actually, the best outcome would be that you have to turn in the tag and I am next in line!! Just kidding. Congrats on the tag!

After you have been hit once, is it possible to get another hit? I have several hunters on my card and only one hit?

One of our cards has my wife's deer tag hit, my brother-in-laws LE Bull Elk tag and my other brother-in-laws non-resident LE Bull Elk tag for the same unit. So excited and we're still waiting for all of our deer tags to hit hopefully.

LE bull elk tag for Diamond Mtn early for my duaghter (9 pts). We figured she would draw unless a few others were to switch over and they had more points. My brother already drew a buck permit for the Book Cliffs at the WHCE. My last year of the dedicated hunter program.

Going to be a busy fun summer scouting and an even more fun fall hunting season.

Good luck to everyone!

Smokepole

So they hit my card for a gen. deer 35.00. I should draw a moose but they havent hit my card for that! Has anyone ever had there card hit on diffrent days?

I have been hit on different days twice. Once on the old AR301 archery elk tag and general deer, and then last year on my le elk and general deer. This year they took all the money at once.....1 OIL and 2 general deer

>hit for $560.00 two le elk
>for wasatch

Thanks alot you took my tag haha jk good luck hope you get a toad.

My wife and I have both gotten hit. Hers is definitely general rifle deer (which we may have to turn back in since she's pregnant). I'll have to wait and see if mine is general rifle or if I got my second choice with archery.

I was told the cards would start getting hit this friday but looking more like sat and up to two weeks so i hope they could hit it different times. Was really wanting that youth tag for my lil cousin.

LAST EDITED ON May-18-12 AT 04:56PM (MST)[p]sgs357 508 is bighorn isnt it?

looks like i got hit for my archery pinevalley deer

Books rifle for my son and myself.General bucks for grandson and granddaughter for their first deer hunt.

The card hits are cool but with the recent changes
to the deer units I'm not sure if we all drew in the
same unit or if one of us received a CWMU.
Just going to have to wait another few weeks for
them to send the emails I guess.

Congrats to all that drew this year!

I got hit for LE archery elk wasatch im pumped oh and i drew a bigfoot tag on the uintah unit any help would be awsome. LOL!

Me too!!!

280.00 The only thing I put in for is San Juan Elk.
Early rifle
Send me something

I drew a general muzzy tag for Southwest Desert. Only 14 non-resident tags....should be a fun hunt!

Anyone know when we get our email telling us which unit we drew? Got hit for $35 but I had more than one choice.!?

I had a buddy get hit for $75.00 and ask me what that cost would be and I could not say for sure, I would think its a limited entry deer permit, but I am not sure. Can anyone who knows for sure say what $75.00 would be for a Utah resident?

Thanks in advance. BB

I was fairly confident I would draw a limited elk permit but my card has not been hit. Charges on my Amex card show up immediately. So I know there is nothing pending. Do you guys think they will be charging more cards on Monday? Does anyone have inside information?

Hawkeye

Browning A-Bolt 300 Win Mag
Winchester Apex .50 Cal
Mathews Drenalin LD

Hawkeye,
I feel your pain brother!
I had a 50/50 chance of drawing my sheep tag, but no hits for me.
I have not heard of anyone being hit for sheep yet, but maybe that is just wishful thinking.
My friend drew a Premium elk tag last year but he didn't find out until two weeks after all the CC hits, so some cards could get hit much later. At least that is my hope.
Good luck!

Yes,
I have since heard of at least two residents drawing their sheep as well, so I guess I am toast again.
That means after 40 years of trying and working through 400 plus people in my original pool of applicants, I will be the last to draw. Definitely the BOOBIE Prize for me!

Littlejohn, I am sorry you didn't draw. Some times the draw gods do funny things.

In 1993, when residents could apply for all the permits, but only draw one, I applied for them all. They happened to give 4 pronghorn permit in one area and only 7 people applied. I applied alone and friend of mine applied with his son and so we were 3 or the seven who applied. And we were the three who didn't draw.

Take that a step farther, had I drawn that tag, I would not have been eligible for Rocky Sheep tag I drew, the tag with the hardest odds that year.

And many years ago, when one of the deer units first went to a limited entry unit, the gave 1.100 tags and had 1102 applications. A friend of mine and his wife just happened to be the only two that didn't draw a tag.

Hang in there, it will happen.

Have a good one. BB

I talked with a buddy of mine in Richfield that is pretty stoked.He drew Henery Mtn.buck with 1 pt.

Not to happy with the rancher and fish and
game dept. My dad and buddy were a sure
thing to draw Beaver muzzy tags!

5 tags out of the unit hurt!!!!!

Dad will be 66 next year will get tougher
every year he gets older.

As I spent the last couple of days watching this thread, I kept wondering would I be able to post on here after all these years with some great news?

Well after 16 years, I have finally drawn (or it appears) that I will be in possession of a Rifle Henry?s Deer tag!

I hope that all of you can feel the same sense of excitement after waiting for so long--?when you do take a minute and enjoy that feeling as it does not come often.

BearCat

Looks like Bookcliffs archery deer for me. This means next year I get to start building points for elk.

Just had a CC hit for my first ever Elk Tag. Wasatch Muzzleloader!!! I'm so excited!!!

Dutton archery for me. And i drew with no points!! I know it will be dang tough but i am super excited! I just got hit with my deer and elk tag today so dont give up if you havent been hit yet.

Congrats Big_DD! First moose and now Book Cliffs deer tag. You are on a roll.

Well from the looks of things....I'll be hunting goats this fall. Wasn't expecting this at all with 4 points. Good luck to all

CATMAN, GOOD FOR YOUL, GET A GOOD ONE,,, BUT DONT TAKE STTM, HELL JUST WANT TO STOP AT ALL THE COUGARS DENS TO EAT..

LAST EDITED ON May-22-12 AT 10:51AM (MST)[p]Does anyone know if they still charging today 5/22/12 ??

My old man got charged the other day, either Pahvant, or Monroe. He can remember which one was first choice.

Snowman

The only way a person could draw 2nd choice is there were not enough applicants to fill the tag quota. Never seen that before

LAST EDITED ON May-22-12 AT 01:01PM (MST)[p]How do you guys know what permit you drew ?? I am pacing the floors........I cant think..... and im still quivering. $ 1513.00 CC Hit used to mean only one thing. Now it means up to 5 things....

What once-in-a-lifetime species did you apply for as your first choice? That should answer your question.

Hawkeye

Winchester Apex .50 Cal
Mathews Drenalin LD

Good thinking Hawkeye. However, if Big horn sheep was filled by a Non res, wouldn't he draw the next species. I think he will just have to wait and see.

LAST EDITED ON May-22-12 AT 03:35PM (MST)[p]with the limited entry...only the 1st choice will matter. You can only draw second choice if one goes undersubscibed, which will never happen in our lifetime.

Is anyone getting charged today?, go to know if still charging cards today,,,,,gives me hope.

Snowman

I agree with snowman. Your second and choices only come into play if those units are undersubscribed, which will not happen on limited entry and once-in-a-lifetime tags. Therefore, if you can recall your first choice on your once-in-a-lifetime application, you should know what you drew.

Hawkeye

Winchester Apex .50 Cal
Mathews Drenalin LD

If a non res put in for multiple animals, they will not know what they drew by simply looking at 1st choice. Looking at your first choice will only work if you put in for one species like residents.

I have been checking my draw history. Nothing has shown up yet. Anyone getting in threw the back door yet with draw history ?

Capra, let's just say that is a very good "problem" to have. Congrats on whatever you drew....you'll know soon enough.

Well Guys, I got the charge yesterday the 21st.

I applied for all 5 as a Non Resident species. No matter what permit it is I will be ecstatic however the thought that it could be the Zion DS permit makes me quiver. I put in for great tags for each species the only one some people might roll there eyes at is Beaver Female Goat.

Guess I will be on pins and needles until the 31st..........

Feel like the luckiest man alive today !! and it feels great to finally cash in some points I was beginning to wonder why I even played the points game

That's right Todd. I forgot that Utah changed the rules to allow nonresidents to apply for all OIL species.

Hawkeye

Winchester Apex .50 Cal
Mathews Drenalin LD

>I put
>in for great tags for
>each species the only one
>some people might roll there
>eyes at is Beaver Female
>Goat.

I bet you drew the nannie tag because I believe game and fish dramatically increased the amount of those tags and it is a tag that historically doesn't get hammered with applications.

However, I hope you drew the desert sheep tag.

Hillbilly, That was my thought as well but Utah is one of those states where no being in the max point pool dosent hurt you as much.

What makes me more confused is that back in the 90's I could not make up my mind and gained sheep one year and moose points the next. I did not commit to sheep until 2002 or so and later they opened all species up. So while I do not have max sheep points I have a decent number for both.

Sooooo, my mind will be playing tricks on me until the results are published.

I could not be happier though !!

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom