Credit card hits

I got two hits for 477.50 and $587.50. Is that atlelope and elk or Az just checking the card? I had 4 Ant pts and 2 elk pts. No one gets that lucky!

Haha are you joking me? You got an Elk and an Antelope tag! Just goes to show the whole bonus point game is kind of a joke. Congrats though. It's gonna be a good year.

FOR YOU GUYS THAT HAVE BEEN THROUGH THIS PROCESS BEFORE, IS IT POSSIBLE THESE CC HITS ARE NOT FOR TAGS. BUT TO GET THE $$$$ ASPECT MOVING IN THIS TAG PROCESS ????

THREAD #3 HAS ME THINKING HE WOULD HAVE TO BE REAL LUCKY TO DRAW BOTH ELK & LOPE WITH THAT AMOUNT OF POINTS. HE MIGHT BE A LOCAL ARIZONA HUNTER THOUGH......WHAT DO YOU GUYS THINK ??? I GOT CHARGED TOO......HOPE I AM WRONG.......THANKS...........YD.

Im a colorado non res. I had 5 ant pts. I do not even know which rifle units I put in for. Was not planning on drawing. Infact, I was considering on droping out of the Ant draw,figured it was just a wast of time and money.

People getting hits are drawn. They don't waste money charging cards without a reason. Congrats to you that have been hit with charges! I haven't yet but hopefully will be soon.

Yeah, any charge is definitely a tag. They don't charge for no reason. Some people just get lucky in the draw even with very few points. That's what's good about Arizona. You can get a tag any given year. But also bad when some guys have 20+ points and still haven't drawn. haha but good luck to everyone!

Thx guys. The elk picks were 6a early archery and late rifle 1,2b,2c. Drew last year in 6a, did not get one but it was the Best elk hunt of my life. Even with the crowd,s and anti's.

Congrats to all whose CC have already been hit

In answer to getting both an Elk and Antelope tag...

YES It HAPPENS...

Last year got both Archery Tags...Enjoyed Tag Soup but what great memories with friends and chasing Elk in the high country solo.

Another archery bull tag for me, and an early rifle 23 north or 1 early rifle or early muzzy 27 tag for my dad or brother.Congrats to everyone who drew.

Well nothing for me, even though I put in for antlerless tags with three points! BUT one of my friends has either a 23N Early bull or a Unit 10 early bull.

Another buddy has either a Unit 9 ML or an early rifle tag in 3A-3c.

The guy that got the 23N tag, drew and archery Strip two years ago and didn't even GO!

I told him we are going on that early bull elk or else!

Don Martin
Arizona Wildlife Outfitters

In my opinion he did not but it was his call. He was/is a Marine officer reservist (fighter pilot) and he had training back East the first two plus weeks of the season. But when he got back he would have still had 5 days! I told him I would scout for him until he got there but yet he decided not to go!

I'm like you; I'd give up a unused body part for that tag! He is promising me that nothing will keep him out of the field on this elk hunt!

I guess we will see!

Don Martin

I hate when reality sets in. It appears no charges will come my way.

Cool brisk mornings, bugling elk....no where else I'd rather be in September. Once again I wont be there! How depressing!! :(

Congrats to those that drew!

It sure died down quick. Ive check a couple boards and don't recall any fresh new hits today. Maybe they're in a lull and about to start another round of charging.

Yeah, Im grasping at straws.

It seems like last year there were alot more people on this board posting that their credit cards were being hit and they got tags.Only a few have posted so far so I don't think its over.I do know that a lot of us use Cabelas cards and they are always 2-3 days behind in posting charges.

Desperatehills there are no elk in 5BS anyway.

It sure stopped abruptly!

Especially since they said on deadline day....... "We?re seeing more than two-and-a-half times the number of applications we received on deadline day last year, which shows the passion hunters have for these hunts.?

This is the slowest "I got a hit" activity I've seen. Makes you wonder.

I did use my Cabelas card so I will continue to pray. I hunt Oregon saddlesore, I am use to not seeing elk. Maybe if I draw you can show me where they use to be : )

I LOST THE PENDING STATUS YESTERDAY MYSELF......TRANSACTION COMPLETE. I AM READY FOR THIS HUNT.................YD.

I called AZGF yesterday and they said they are not finished drawing. So what little hope I have I am holding on to. Congrats YD I hope that you get that bull of your dreams.

Mine got hit yesterday so it will be a long week waiting for the official results to see which tag I drew...

"Rather fail with honor than succeed by fraud"

My son and I each got hit for Elk. This will be my 5th Bull tag in the last 10 years. Life is good.

This is how bad the system is, I have 11 points put in for archery unit 1 as a resident no charges. Some guys have 5 tags in 10 years. Doesn't seem fair, I think I am going to lobby for a waiting period after a drawn tag, That will even things out a bit. Be watching for this bill to come up the pipeline.

:)

Don't feel bad, I have 15 for Elk and 21 for Antelope = no draw.
But, I can pull great Nov. deer tags every other year or so, go figure!!Oh, and a sheep tag a few years ago with only 3 points..

tooele, years ago we had a waiting period but they did away with it. It won't happen again. Same for antler restrictions. If there is a bad thing about the bonus point system it is just what you are experiencing. In the same respect the good thing is that everyone has a chance of drawing a tag regardless of bonus points. Unless you are a non resident of course.

Glory be! My card got charged today. Either the wife or I have an elk tag. If it's my tag, it will be number 5 in 12 years, but only one of those tags was an early tag.

Tooele:

It is NOT how BAD the current system is, but actually how GOOD it is!

You know AZ used to have a 3 year waiting period after you drew an elk tag, right?

After all the time spent investigating the issue here is what came out. Statistically it didn't change anything! Don't remember all the details, but after the hue and cry from some folks about how unfair it was that their friends got tags all the time and they didn't, AZ did try it.

Then they went back.

Bottom line it is about a lot of luck--some got it--and some, like me, don't! And of course statistical probabilities...

Just too darn many applying for a limited amount of tags.

I for one understand your frustration. Heck I've not drawn an AZ mule deer tag in the last 12 years, and before that it was 11 years! I have not personally taken a deer in AZ in the last 25 years. But the reason is I only apply for the AZ Strip and when I got a tag 12 years ago I passed on 36 bucks. My choice. That is the price you pay when you only apply for premium tags!

Same with elk. I've had two AZ bull tags in the last 25 years, and I made the last one (2010) really count (378 2/8 6 X 6 in Unit 6A on a muzzleloader hunt) and since then I only apply for antlerless hunts. Again my choice.

7772img_0177resize.jpg

Anyway,I bet if you call AZ G&F employees Amber Munig or Brian Wakeling they could tell you all about the issues associated with a 3 year waiting period.

Bottom line is be CAREFUL what you ask for! Don't try and reinvent the wheel; others have already been there and done that!

Don Martin

Cabela's must be slow to post.
Called every hour wed, 5 times thurs...
Today I call at noon...

Bingo...$587.50

Either the wife or me...
We both drew last year too...
Late hunts, but were hunting bulls.

Well the Good Lord has apparently smiled at those of us who are patient!

Just checked my Cabelas VISA card and guess what?

Got not ONE hit, but TWO hits for $114.

So that means I drew my coveted "antlerless elk" tag, probably in Unit 6A.

But it also means that my sweetie, who is has been patiently waiting for years, has an early rifle bull tag!

One of my clients has an archery 6A bull tag, and of course several other friends have drawn tags.

Can't wait to see what hunt she has!

Thank you Lord!

Don Martin

LAST EDITED ON Mar-22-13 AT 04:01PM (MST)[p]Don

Congrats on your two tags and especially the ealry rifle bull tag. Had one of those tags a few years ago and what a treat. Enjoy the moment, cause it is a fun one no doubt.

LKHTR

>This is how bad the system
>is, I have 11 points
>put in for archery unit
>1 as a resident no
>charges. Some guys have
>5 tags in 10 years.
> Doesn't seem fair, I
>think I am going to
>lobby for a waiting period
>after a drawn tag, That
>will even things out a
>bit. Be watching for
>this bill to come up
>the pipeline.
>
>:)

You apply for the hard to draw units. If all you apply for is early rifle hunts, archery in 1,9,10,23 you won't draw very often. Try the 6's,7's, 11's,or 5's and you will draw a tag.
Put down a late rife or late bow hunt and you will draw every couple years. Put down sleeper units and hunt harder and smarter.

I am applying for the units you mention and still cant draw an archery tag. Good luck to all those who drew.

>>This is how bad the system
>>is, I have 11 points
>>put in for archery unit
>>1 as a resident no
>>charges. Some guys have
>>5 tags in 10 years.
>> Doesn't seem fair, I
>>think I am going to
>>lobby for a waiting period
>>after a drawn tag, That
>>will even things out a
>>bit. Be watching for
>>this bill to come up
>>the pipeline.
>>
>>:)
>
>
>You apply for the hard to
>draw units. If all you
>apply for is early rifle
>hunts, archery in 1,9,10,23 you
>won't draw very often. Try
>the 6's,7's, 11's,or 5's and
>you will draw a tag.
>
>Put down a late rife or
>late bow hunt and you
>will draw every couple years.
>Put down sleeper units and
>hunt harder and smarter.

IF PAGE DID DRAW A UNIT 10 EARLY BULL TAG, I just hope the place will be open for her to hunt!

No word yet on IF OR WHEN the access plan will go into effect!

Don Martin

So, here it is the end of the day on Friday and I still have no hits. Is the drawing complete or is there more results down loading as we speak.

Don,
I have a unit 10 tag, just waiting to see which season/weapon. Most likely late rifle bull as I was short on points as a nonresident. Do you think AZGFD will do anything like refunds/point restoration if the access agreement is unreasonable? Last proposal I saw probabally favors late rifle nonresident hunters willing to pay the fee at the expense of local archery hunters.
Thanks!

Well more good news!

Guess my two friends who are twin brothers applied for 23N as their first choice (20 tags), Unit 10 November muzzleloader bull elk hunt as their second choice (25 tags), and applied separately, BOTH DREW! Just don't know which tags they got. If I had to guess I'd say it was those Unit 10 late muzzleloader tags. Problem is that hunt is at the same time as the Strip deer hunt. SO........

Had another husband/wife who are friends of mine who live in Las Vegas, and who applied separately for Unit 10 early rifle as their first choice (75 tags) and the Oct-25-28 rifle elk hunt in Unit 6A (225 tags). They BOTH DREW! Got to believe since they are NR's that they probably got those 6A tags.

Another friend of mine and his daughter here in Kingman BOTH DREW archery bull tags, and his daughter also drew an antelope tag!

One my guides applied his family; wife, daughter, and son, along with himself for early hunts in 23N and Unit 1. One of them got a tag!

Man what is a crazy year!

Gonna get to do a lot of elk hunting this fall!

Plus I got a bunch of NR's who had a lot of points for elk/antelope that don't even know yet.

Don Martin

Ugh... Woke up this morning and reality is setting in that I didn't get drawn an am destined for another year of coyote hunting and trout fishing. Oh well maybe next year. I will have 11 antelope points and 5 elk points so I am getting closer every year

With 19 antelope points this year I know I will max out soon and that will be my first and last draw probably. I dont have that getting closer feeling. Congrats to everyone who drew and have fun.

Keep the faith fellas, we had our 3rd hit last night for another 23n early rifle or early archery 23n or 4b early rifle tag. Charge went pending last night. Good luck to all.

No hits yet. I am already feeling left out of this years hunts; family of 6 but none of us have many points: 2-5.

Last year, my credit card hit for my sons tag showed up March 30 (and I am pretty sure my card was not one of the screw ups they had).

The charge didn't appear visibly on my Cabelas online account access until Around April 7. I had quit calling Cabela's Visa by then as most activity here on MM had dried up.

We knew the Game and Fish results by morning of April 10th.

No hits on the card this year...Looks like 21 pts for antelope and 4 for elk next year! Good luck to everyone who drew, should be a great year!

>No hits yet. I am already
>feeling left out of this
>years hunts; family of 6
>but none of us have
>many points: 2-5.
>

Don't sweat too much, I think we will see a few hits next week. I wouldn't expect results until Friday at the earliest.

I will be anxiously waiting, cause I am sitting on a $114 charge.

Arizona Hunting Guides & Outfitters

SilverGrand Outfitters

Offering mule deer, elk, antelope, bighorn sheep, javelina, and turkey hunts in Nevada and Arizona.

Arizona Elk Outfitters

Offering the serious hunter a chance to hunt trophy animals in the great Southwest.

A3 Trophy Hunts

An Arizona Outfitter specializing in the harvest of World Class big game of all species.

Arizona Strip Guides

Highly experienced and highly dedicated team of hardworking professional Arizona Strip mule deer guides.

Urge 2 Hunt

THE premier hunts in Arizona for trophy elk, mule deer, couse deer and javelina.

Shadow Valley Outfitters

AZ Strip and Kaibab mule deer, big bulls during the rut, spot-n-stalk pronghorn and coues deer hunts.

Back
Top Bottom