CV Wolf hammer would not #####

LuckyHntr

What is going on? I was within 75 yards of a 24 inch buck and my muzzleloader would not #####, the hammer would not lock. Yes, it was wet.

Any suggestions? It really did cost me a quality opportunity. I want a dependable weapon in any kind of weather.

Thanks

No, I was able to close the rifle. I did finally get it to lock back when I opened it and then pulled the hammer back.

I am using Federal primers, never had a problem before.

I did mean CVA Wolf.

We have had similar issues with our wolf and we remedied it by firmly closing the rifle. Then testing the hammer making certain its ready to rock-n-roll. So far we are not impressed with the CVA Wolf and this is only but one issue we have had with this little gun.

"Courage is being scared to death but saddling
up anyway."

I wish I had discovered this problem before I had crept within range of a nice buck!

I have been messing with it and will try to make certain next time that it is ready beforehand.

Thanks for the Reply.

i had this happen to me also but, the gun was dirty after shooting it. i cleaned it real good and made sure the gun was closed firmly, and it worked fine. have had the cva wolf for a little over a year now and for the price you really cant beat it. i have taken some hogs and a nice 6x5 bull elk in the rain with no problems.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom