CWMU pushing animals...Really??

tallbuck1

Question: How often do guides and landowners push elk and or deer from public land back onto their CWMU? Is this a popular activity?

The reason I ask is my buddy has video from last week of a couple of guys on side by sides up on the Wasatch unit pushing over 200 head of elk. They were causing quite a scene and drawing alot of attention to themselves by shooting guns and yelling at the bottom of a few canyons on public land to drive the elk back across a fence to a CWMU.

I told him to call the DWR, and he has an appointment today with the CO, but how often does this happen and what would or is the punishment?

Tallbuck1

If he has video, I hope they get slammed. They Should loose the CWMU and get fined for harassing wildlife,

They make money doing it, so I would guess as much as they can.
Look at it like this that bull is worth $5000 if it shot on the CWMU so you if you can just nudge it over the fence a little WOULD you. You try and make as money as you can from your business and that is what a CWMU is a business.

"I have found if you go the extra mile it's Never crowded".
>[Font][Font color = "green"]Life member of
>the MM green signature club.[font/]

If I had a big buck 100yds on the wrong side of the road, wrong unit, I would send someone to walk around it and see if it would spook across the road. They would just be out on a walk looking for sheds or something and happen to run onto a deer. I see no problem with that. Now shooting guns, and doing it in multiple canyons seems way to much.

It happens all the time and is one of the biggest reasons I think CWMU should be done away with. In my opinion UT is the most crooked state in the west when it comes to croney big money wildlife management.

That is a very different scenario then what was alegedly seen by the OP's friend. This is a distinct effort to harrass wildlife and to restrict the regular hunter from having an opportunity to hunt the wildlife.

This Guy for some reason has his Identification Numbers on top of the Copter!:D

8722copterslam.jpg

Best Watch Out!
My Arm is starting to Hurt!
I'm about to Itch it!

Tallbuck1 I think that was in the area I was going to hunt on the LE Muzzle Loader. Can you PM me Thanks.

I am going to get a copy of the video and post it on youtube for everyone to see... Still didn't hear from the Conservation officer today.

Tallbuck1

>It happens all the time and
>is one of the biggest
>reasons I think CWMU should
>be done away with.
>In my opinion UT is
>the most crooked state in
>the west when it comes
>to croney big money wildlife
>management.

YEP!!!!!!!

NO IT NOT FINE, Just letting everyone know that "money talk$ and Bullshit walks" as long as they have CWMU it will be a problem.
Just pointing out that a elk is worth more on a CWMU then the other side of the fence. $$$$$$$$$$$

"I have found if you go the extra mile it's Never crowded".
>[Font][Font color = "green"]Life member of
>the MM green signature club.[font/]

I'd really like to see the video! I moved here a year ago and now it has REALLY become apparant how crooked things are with respect to wildlife management. I knew it was beforehand but not this bad.

For some, but not all. CWMU stands for "do as I say", not as we do!! It must be nice to have a private play ground, make your own rules,...bend the rules when needed. "Money can buy you Love, or at least a 30" Buck!! and a 6x6 Bull!!

doesn't surprise me at all. especially in the wasatch unit. We've had the CWMU operators yell at us for driving on public roads close to their property. They run hundreds and hundreds of cows on public land yet you never see the cows on their own land? crooks....

Bearpaw Outfitters

Experience world class hunting for mule deer, elk, cougar, bear, turkey, moose, sheep and more.

Wild West Outfitters

Hunt the big bulls, bucks, bear and cats in southern Utah. Your hunt of a lifetime awaits.

J & J Outfitters

Offering quality fair-chase hunts for trophy mule deer, elk, shiras moose and mountain lions.

Shane Scott Outfitting

Quality trophy hunting in Utah. Offering FREE Utah drawing consultation. Great local guides.

Utah Big Game Outfitters

Specializing in bighorn sheep, mule deer, elk, mountain goat, lions, bears & antelope.

Apex Outfitters

We offer experienced guides who hunt Elk, Mule Deer, Antelope, Sheep, Bison, Goats, Cougar, and Bear.

Urge 2 Hunt

We offer high quality hunts on large private ranches around the state, with landowner vouchers.

Allout Guiding & Outfitting

Offering high quality mule deer, elk, bear, cougar and bison hunts in the Book Cliffs and Henry Mtns.

Lickity Split Outfitters

General season and LE fully guided hunts for mule deer, elk, moose, antelope, lion, turkey, bear and coyotes.

Back
Top Bottom