CWMU, Which is the best

sniper14

Been saving up for a long time to buy a CWMU deer tag because my luck in drawing a tag is slim to none. Just wondering what you all think is the best unit to try and hunt on.

LAST EDITED ON Dec-17-10 AT 10:22PM (MST)[p]Whats your price range? What part of the state would you prefer to hunt? What size of a buck are you after? If you can dish out 10000 to 12000 I would say buy a heaton ranch tag. Have you thought about trying to buy a tag for a le unit. You could probably pick one of them up cheaper than a cwmu. If you want a diy hunt on a good unit.

I didn't know you could buy a le tag. I thought they were draw only. Looking to spend around 3000 but could go as high as 5000. Not to picky on where I would hunt location wise, but looking for a good buck 160-180

Well for deer I would do the two bear ranch. My brother killed a whooper there this year. They have extreamly nice deer.

O--one
B--big
A--ass
M--mistake
A--america

LAST EDITED ON Dec-18-10 AT 01:28PM (MST)[p]>Well for deer I would do
>the two bear ranch. My
>brother killed a whooper there
>this year. They have extreamly
>nice deer.

I'm with ya on that one! Two Bear is an awesome place to hunt deer. Who was your brothers guide? Any pics of the buck?

Athens Archery Field Staff
Wicked1 Bowstring Staff

Not going to post pictures but it was a beautiful buck. I dont remember the guys name. It was a friend of his through his brother in law.

O--one
B--big
A--ass
M--mistake
A--america

They auction them off at banquets like RMEF and MDF I beleive even at the expo. On Doyle Moss's website he had A pauns rifle tag going for nine grand. As far as buying a LE tag i'm pretty sure you can buy one out right. But I would post on the general forum more ppl who know more than I do look there over the utah forum.

You can buy LE tags for units that have a Landowners Association (most of them do), or at an auction. There are some good deals at the auctions sometimes. I would do plenty of homework before buying a CWMU tag, I would want references of past hunters before I shelled out any money.

Good luck.

Dax

There is no such thing as a sure thing in trophy mule deer hunting.

When you log into your account there should be a red flag on the right of the screen kinda towards the middle it say you have a new message click on it.

Yep the PM was to you. I just hate getting harassed at times on these forums when people disagree with your opinion. To get the PM click on Hunting Forums at the top of the page. That takes you back out to the general forums page.

You will see a line that looks like this.

Logout | Help | Search | Mark All | User | Read New | Inbox | Bookmarks | Profiles

CLick on the word Inbox and you can get the PM's

Here ya go,,,I'll be Slamy for this post.
this was the 2010 list,,,,should be similar for 2011.
http://wildlife.utah.gov/hunting/biggame/landowner_le_list.php

4aec49a65c565954.jpg

RAC banquets are a good place to buy a tag at their Auctions.

"I have found if you go the extra mile it's Never crowded".

Sniper,
if it's still open there is a CWMU west about 5 miles from Manti. I was going to buy a tag there once for self guided hunt. I wish I had of- nice bucks and I saw a few in the 180 class.

Bearpaw Outfitters

Experience world class hunting for mule deer, elk, cougar, bear, turkey, moose, sheep and more.

Wild West Outfitters

Hunt the big bulls, bucks, bear and cats in southern Utah. Your hunt of a lifetime awaits.

J & J Outfitters

Offering quality fair-chase hunts for trophy mule deer, elk, shiras moose and mountain lions.

Shane Scott Outfitting

Quality trophy hunting in Utah. Offering FREE Utah drawing consultation. Great local guides.

Utah Big Game Outfitters

Specializing in bighorn sheep, mule deer, elk, mountain goat, lions, bears & antelope.

Apex Outfitters

We offer experienced guides who hunt Elk, Mule Deer, Antelope, Sheep, Bison, Goats, Cougar, and Bear.

Urge 2 Hunt

We offer high quality hunts on large private ranches around the state, with landowner vouchers.

Allout Guiding & Outfitting

Offering high quality mule deer, elk, bear, cougar and bison hunts in the Book Cliffs and Henry Mtns.

Lickity Split Outfitters

General season and LE fully guided hunts for mule deer, elk, moose, antelope, lion, turkey, bear and coyotes.

Back
Top Bottom