Dall Sheep guide recommendations

steelhead

LAST EDITED ON Oct-19-05 AT 04:07PM (MST)[p]Hi everyone,

I know this has been hashed over a lot, but I am looking for every bit of advice I can get. So here goes. What outfitter would you recommend for a backpack Dall Sheep hunt? My criteria would be first and foremost, quality hunting experience in beautiful rugged country, second, excellent trophy potential, and third, the possibility to do a Dall Sheep Mountain Caribou combo trip. Are there any areas that seem to reward the really in-shape hunter who will climb any mountain to get a ram? I am looking for a real challenge in an area that has the potential to produce a tremendous ram. So what are your recommendations?

Thanks in advance for your replies.
Steelhead

Might as well go for the best. This is what they specialize in.

Kelly Hougen, Artic Red River Outfitters in the NWT

Steelhead,
I was in the same boat as you and in our research we decided to book with Stan Simpson of Ram Head outfitters in the NWT. Me and a couple of other hunting buddies will be going next August.

Couesfever

Thats easy !!

Go with Arctic Red River Outfitters with Kelly Hougan.

Ask for Tavis Molnar to be your guide. I met him and spent a morning shed hunting with him, he is Kelly's right hand man.

Another buddy of mine also guided for him this past year.

Top notch outfit for backpack hunts and the caribou sure are big too.

Here's another vote for Arctic Red River Outfitters. My hunting buddy did a dall sheep, moose, and caribou hunt this past Sept with them. He was VERY happy, went 3 for 3 on all his animals and booked the same hunt for 2007. That should say enough.
Good luck.

Lien2

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom