Dang buzztails

Phantom Hunter

Very Active Member
Went up to ranch to get some camera cards and do some chores. Found these guys sunning by barn.

0E01367F-0C64-4E8B-A9EA-DE9C72674DBD.jpeg

Phantom Hunter

Very Active Member
Blue hair, yes two were together in almost the same spot I have killed two others and seen three more in the past 6 weeks! This time of year I carry a little .38 S&W with some shot shells loads I made.

Bluehair

Very Active Member
Is that normal? Sounds like a den somewhere. Or worse, one of those horror stories about piles of them living under a floor somewhere.

A flashlight might be an important tool. And maybe a shotgun. :)

Phantom Hunter

Very Active Member
Yes,they are denning under barn. Kinfolks who had control of this property for decades left it a mess. Lots of junk sitting around and in barn with no one going there. All cleaned up now so rattlers are visible. Got to get them cleaned out to make it safe for family to enjoy. We always have the occasional rattler in this part of the world but den under barn means I am on a mission!

callsalot

I hate snakes, if I lived closer I'd volunteer to help you get rid of them. My buddies dog got bit the other day but I think it was a dry bite because it didn't seem to affect him to badly. Good luck!

jims

Very Active Member
Yikes! I hit a record this year in Wyo and Colo...saw 17 buzzsnakes! I posted somewhere else a little earlier about waking up from a nap with my head on the ground at a waterhole. When I woke there was a rattler coiled up next to my head! Spooky way to wake up! After I lifted my head he started rattling but let me slowly move out of striking distance!

Phantom Hunter

Very Active Member
SlightlySober my only response to you is buzztails and my little grandkids don’t mix. Buzztails lose every time. I won’t respond to you further!

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos

Texas Guides & Outfitters

West Texas Hunting

Private land free range hunts for native and exotic game on nearly 1 million acres in west Texas.

Urge 2 Hunt

Deer/Elk tags - DIY or guided for all species. Many guaranteed tags for trophy hunts.

Top Bottom