Daughters first buck

WHT_MTNMAN

Well it can be a little difficult to draw a decent tag in AZ and so after about 8-9 years of applying for deer she finally drew. We passed up a couple of mature 3x4's and 3x3's the first day knowing this buck was around and got lucky that he did the right thing on the 2nd morning. She made a decent 1st shot, just a back and the 2nd shot anchored him for good.
In the video I told her to wait for a better shot opportunity on the 2nd shot and then changed my mind since she shot him back and into the guts I wanted her to get another bullet in him. Forgive the commentary.
IMG_4500.jpeg
IMG_4495.jpeg

IMG_4522.jpeg

Another very outstanding muley for another young lady. Congratulations to Dad and daughter.

I’ll say it again, I don’t ever want a woman shooting at me!

Once their hit (marginally) and haven't dropped, I'm kinda the "put it anywhere" type of guy and wrap it up. Seems like everything turned out okay. Beautiful deer.
When I was learning to hunt back in the 70s- Dad emphasized this point over and over. If you know you hit it and it doesn't drop right there, your job is to hit it again and get him down. No sense in letting a wounded animal run off half a mile and die in a thicket!

In the video I told her to wait for a better shot opportunity on the 2nd shot and then changed my mind since she shot him back and into the guts I wanted her to get another bullet in him. Forgive the commentary.
Awesome job Dad!!

That is awesome. Too often people wouldn't dare post anything but the perfect shot placement. I'm happy you showed what it can really be like with younger hunters. I remember a couple of years ago with my son on the muzzy hunt. Ended up taking three shots. I wasn't as brave as you and didn't post the video. Tell your daughter I'm proud of her. Congrats.
This was my sons first buck that took three shots to finish.
0.jpg

That is awesome. Too often people wouldn't dare post anything but the perfect shot placement. I'm happy you showed what it can really be like with younger hunters. I remember a couple of years ago with my son on the muzzy hunt. Ended up taking three shots. I wasn't as brave as you and didn't post the video. Tell your daughter I'm proud of her. Congrats.
This was my sons first buck that took three shots to finish.View attachment 125344
Three shots with a musket and a dead deer too……… now that is one cool customer right there. Good job young man.

This was my sons first buck that took three shots to finish.View attachment 125344
Congrats on a fine buck your son got. I probably shouldn't have posted it, but I think for new hunters and even some of us older hunters we need to remember a few things and one of them is that bad/poor shots can happen and I agree keep putting as many bullets into it as possible. At this point the little loss of meat is worth losing the whole deer if you do nothing and it walks out of your life.

Congrats on an a fantastic hunt with your daughter! I can't wait for the day I can get my boys out to do the same.

Don’t worry what some might think of the shot placement. It happens to experienced hunters as well.
I’ve been there, we all have.
Anyone who claims they haven’t made a bad shot is either a liar or has never killed anything. Good job on the follow up and congrats to the young lady on a great buck!

Well it can be a little difficult to draw a decent tag in AZ and so after about 8-9 years of applying for deer she finally drew. We passed up a couple of mature 3x4's and 3x3's the first day knowing this buck was around and got lucky that he did the right thing on the 2nd morning. She made a decent 1st shot, just a back and the 2nd shot anchored him for good.
In the video I told her to wait for a better shot opportunity on the 2nd shot and then changed my mind since she shot him back and into the guts I wanted her to get another bullet in him. Forgive the commentary.View attachment 125294View attachment 125295

View attachment 125296

Awesome buck congratulations

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom