daypack/backpack weight

squirtdog

Just wondering how heavy your daypack/backpack is for going out every day? Tips on getting in shape to carry your daypack/backpack? thanks

Depends on if I pack a spotting scope or not and the weather. With scope for a day trip, including pack... around 18 pounds. With out... about 15. That includes a coat, and everything I'd need to live through a night if need be.

Squirtdog, I like to carry about 40lbs of dumbbells up and down the hills about 2 months prior. If there are no hills, walking with your boots, pack, and weight will be fine. I prefer this way as I usually carry about 20lbs during the season. Of course, when you start adding the 80-100lbs quarters for an elk, you will still feel it.

Good luck,
Dave

I'm at about 40 lbs, if you include the cloths and boots on my body. my packs at about 30 or so - including my gun, spotter, food, cloths, saftey gear, water, etc (eberlestock j104).

"Roadless areas, in general, represent some of the best fish and wildlife habitat on public lands. The bad news is that there is nothing positive about a road where fish and wildlife habitat are concerned -- absolutely nothing." (B&C Professor, Jack Ward Thomas, Fair Chase, Fall 2005, p.10).

Remember this name .... Mario Locatelli. I am very confident in a few years he will hold the record for oldest man to climb Mount Everest. Today, he still climbs a few thousand feet, 5, occasionally 6, days a weeks with a pack/water bladder, weighing a hair over 50lbs. Dumps it out on mountain when he turns to go home.
"That goin downhill with all that extra weight is hard on my young legs" he says.

life IS good (watch for Mario)

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom