Dead Head Dilemma.

TheOneRidgeRunner

Found a really decent buck during the rifle deer hunt. All bleached out and hide all but gone. Looks to be winter kill because of the area he's in.
Problem is I've tried multiple times to contact all the DWR officers that cover the area, called headquarters only to be transferred to different units office's. All say its not in their unit, but theyd give my info to an officer. First I left voice mails, figured with hunts still going they were to busy. Still have not had any contact with a single officer.
Anyone ever have to go through all this hastle to get a dead head even looked at? What should I try next?

Yes, but what else can be done other than continue trying? I guess you just have to gage how worth your time it is to keep at it.

Maybe others have some better advice.

How much time do officers waste by picking up old dead skulls for people? Sure they can investigate some scenes, but most occasions will just be a waste of time for some average dead skull with an antler on it. The neighbor called in a dead head and an officer spent a couple hours hiking in to retrieve it. The skull was a 16" 3x2 that had sat on the hill for more than 2 years. What a waste of time. Take a photo, be proud you discovered such a treasure and move on with life.

If you're looking to run into a warden that badly then just grab the head, throw in into the back of the truck... presto.. the warden will appear! LOL
Really, good luck.
Zeke

It was worth it to me!

64614a3126854df8bf01.jpg

14904a3126d94f87a1ed.jpg

hornkiller.jpg

Worth it for me as well. I found a 295" 4x6 bull and 11 days after I turned it in I had it back. The officer was great to work with. The dead head was a 5 mile round trip. Well worth it.

All joking aside you do go rewarded by following the rules. While cougar hunting my daughter found this bull . We called it in and gave the GPS coordinates . Stayed 10 feet away not to disturb the scene.
8149image.jpg

Yea guys I hate to waste the valuable time of an officer. Its not a long ways from a road so it wont take much. Plus they will be able to make a presense in the area.
Laws are set to avoid the possible poaching situations and I like the fact that they are in place. Since there is that law that protects our wildlife i'll follow it.
Ive since heard from two officers and hope to have it looked at within the next week. Ill keep you posted on the outcome. Hope he wasnt killed by a selfish poacher and just died of age and exaustion after spreading his genes.

I agree with ONE RIDGE. Gets them out of their trucks out into the field. They interact a little with the outdoorsman.

Just leave it there and accept nature.

"How much I wanted to take scalps... but it was not my kill."

HOOK 'EM!

Since I am frequently asked about my religion on this site and others, I have created a profile that explains my beliefs. If you are interested in finding out more about my faith, please visit the link below:

http://mormon.org/me/6RNQ/

>All joking aside you do go
>rewarded by following the
>rules. While cougar hunting my
>daughter found this bull .
>We called it in and
>gave the GPS coordinates .
>Stayed 10 feet away not
>to disturb the scene.
8149image.jpg

>

Cougar Huntin in SHORT Shorts?

JUDAS BIGJOHN!

RAZZIN Ya Bud!:D

[font color="red"]From My Smokin Cherry Red Hot Barrel & My Dead Cold Hands I Shall go down Fighting for American Pride & Rights!
I Know I'm Out Numbered by Pusssies & Brainwashed Democrats that'll Throw Their Hands in the air & I know I can't Lick the U.S. Military by Myself when they Turn on us but I'll make
you one Guarantee,They'll be Enduring a Situation where I Hope to Hell All Americans become True Americans once again & Stand up for their Rights!

Take lots of pictures, GPS reading, and make sure all your contacts with F&G are documented and then pick they up.
If they already haven't been picked by some-one else.

"I have found if you go the extra mile it's Never crowded".
>[Font][Font color = "green"]Life member of
>the MM green signature club.[font/]

Bearpaw Outfitters

Experience world class hunting for mule deer, elk, cougar, bear, turkey, moose, sheep and more.

Wild West Outfitters

Hunt the big bulls, bucks, bear and cats in southern Utah. Your hunt of a lifetime awaits.

J & J Outfitters

Offering quality fair-chase hunts for trophy mule deer, elk, shiras moose and mountain lions.

Shane Scott Outfitting

Quality trophy hunting in Utah. Offering FREE Utah drawing consultation. Great local guides.

Utah Big Game Outfitters

Specializing in bighorn sheep, mule deer, elk, mountain goat, lions, bears & antelope.

Apex Outfitters

We offer experienced guides who hunt Elk, Mule Deer, Antelope, Sheep, Bison, Goats, Cougar, and Bear.

Urge 2 Hunt

We offer high quality hunts on large private ranches around the state, with landowner vouchers.

Allout Guiding & Outfitting

Offering high quality mule deer, elk, bear, cougar and bison hunts in the Book Cliffs and Henry Mtns.

Lickity Split Outfitters

General season and LE fully guided hunts for mule deer, elk, moose, antelope, lion, turkey, bear and coyotes.

Back
Top Bottom