Decelerator Recoil Pads

wallhanger

Hi fellas. I'm looking for a little help from the experts. I have a Ruger M77 in .270 Win that I got when I was 14. I'm interested in replacing the thin pad that is currently on it with a thicker decelerator?partly to lengthen the stock, and also to make it even more pleasant to shoot even though it's a pup to begin with.

My question is, can I buy one pre-fit for my gun and just screw it on myself? Or is this something that requires a professional gunsmith. I don't mind spending the money to have it done right?after all it's my first deer rifle. Just don't want to spend more than is necessary.

Thanks in advance,

WH

Wallhanger,

As luck would have it I just bought a decelerator pad for my M77 last week, I had to drill two new holes in he butt to make it screw on. It fits pretty good but I'm going to sand a little off of a couple of edges. The problem might be that it seems to be made for both the M77 MKII and the M77, or so the package says. It was not a perfect fit but with a little sanding it will be passable. I shot it off of the bench last Sunday and the difference is pretty dramatic. I'm shooting a 30-06 so recoil is not real bad but the pad makes a difference when shooting offof the bench. I think it was a good choice for me.

E-mail me if you have more questions.

[email protected]

BeanMan

copied from another post.....

Howdy Wallhanger,
I purchased a pre-fit Decelerator pad for my Win. model 70 synthetic. I was super pleased with the fit, but the holes were out of alignment!!! I ended up having to glue the pad on. It is no big deal really, except a little more involved than I had anticipated. The pad works wonders on the kick situation by the way. I have two Decelerators on my hardest kicking rifles, and I see no reason to have anything else.

Coach

Limbsaver.com (sims vibration labratories) sells recoil pads, don't know if your model is there.
"SEMPER FIDELIS"

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom