dedicated draw odds

fatherofthree

Anyone know if odds by unit for dedicated tags were posted or made available? I can't see on website and am curious if it would take a preference/loyalt/whatever it's called point to draw the unit I want.

Anybody know how dedicated hunter preference points work in the draw? I have one now, can a person get more than one point?

Dax

There is no such thing as a sure thing in trophy mule deer hunting.

>Anybody know how dedicated hunter preference
>points work in the draw?
> I have one now,
>can a person get more
>than one point?
>
>Dax

Dax, I just spoke with the new DH program coordinator (he actually starts this Saturday), and he said that yes, people will be able to accumulate the dedicated hunter preference points. They will work the same way that the general-season deer preference points work.

And by way of explanation: we've been in a bit of a transition period over the past couple months. In the upcoming weeks, I'll be working with the new coordinator to update the Dedicated Hunter portion of the website and get things squared away for 2013. Thanks for your patience!

Amy, one more question. Do people receive a dedicated preference point after completing their three years like before for the coming years draw or once your three years are up you have to apply with zero/no preference?

>Amy, one more question. Do people
>receive a dedicated preference point
>after completing their three years
>like before for the coming
>years draw or once your
>three years are up you
>have to apply with zero/no
>preference?

It's the latter, rmanwill. Now, you can only receive a preference point if you are unsuccessful in the Dedicated Hunter drawing, or you apply for a point.

Amy, thank you for taking the time to answer some questions. I thought I was going to have a preference point for DH this year. This was my third year. Do I not have a point then?? Im curious as to why the change? Thanks again Amy

Amy, thanks again for all your time responding. Kind of what I read and though. Not really the awnser I hoped for, but it is what it is. Been in the DH Program for nine years, but will probably miss out this year with zero points until the following year.

Thanks again for all your time to respond. Appriciate all you do and keep up updated here on MM.

>Anybody know how dedicated hunter preference
>points work in the draw?
> I have one now,
>can a person get more
>than one point?
>
>Dax
>
>There is no such thing as
>a sure thing in trophy
>mule deer hunting.

Well Dax!

Outside of 2 Units I don't see why you couldn't Draw unless of course the Odds Change & I do believe they will a little!

Wisz was a Hell of a Sport this year even if He did tell the UDWR to F-Off during the Phone Call!:D
15" Bases?
30" 5ths?
Missing 450" Bull!
The next 4 years is Slicks Fault,again,GEEZUS!
GOOD GAWD A MIGHTY!

>Amy, thank you for taking the
>time to answer some questions.
> I thought I was
>going to have a preference
>point for DH this year.
> This was my third
>year. Do I not
>have a point then??
>Im curious as to why
>the change? Thanks again
>Amy

With the switch to 30 units, the program changed last year. Loyalty points (which were awarded upon completion of the 3rd year and did not accumulate) became dedicated hunter preference points (which are not awarded at the end of the 3rd year and do accumulate). If I recall correctly, the change occurred because there was going to be more competition for particular units, and the preference point approach was a better way to give everyone a fair chance.

>Amy, thanks again for all your
>time responding. Kind of what
>I read and though. Not
>really the awnser I hoped
>for, but it is what
>it is. Been in the
>DH Program for nine years,
>but will probably miss out
>this year with zero points
>until the following year.

I'd still give it a try, rmanwill. Depending on the unit you put in for, you might very well be able to draw without a preference point.

Oh, I will putting in. My area is one of the few harder to draw areas, but there is a chance of drawing a tag with zero deer points and then a possibility of getting into the DH Program again with some going topeople with zero points last year.

I'll always put in and see how it plays out, but my draw odds have not been the best, with me sitting on 19 elk points. I my just have to be the last one standing!!!

Bearpaw Outfitters

Experience world class hunting for mule deer, elk, cougar, bear, turkey, moose, sheep and more.

Wild West Outfitters

Hunt the big bulls, bucks, bear and cats in southern Utah. Your hunt of a lifetime awaits.

J & J Outfitters

Offering quality fair-chase hunts for trophy mule deer, elk, shiras moose and mountain lions.

Shane Scott Outfitting

Quality trophy hunting in Utah. Offering FREE Utah drawing consultation. Great local guides.

Utah Big Game Outfitters

Specializing in bighorn sheep, mule deer, elk, mountain goat, lions, bears & antelope.

Apex Outfitters

We offer experienced guides who hunt Elk, Mule Deer, Antelope, Sheep, Bison, Goats, Cougar, and Bear.

Urge 2 Hunt

We offer high quality hunts on large private ranches around the state, with landowner vouchers.

Allout Guiding & Outfitting

Offering high quality mule deer, elk, bear, cougar and bison hunts in the Book Cliffs and Henry Mtns.

Lickity Split Outfitters

General season and LE fully guided hunts for mule deer, elk, moose, antelope, lion, turkey, bear and coyotes.

Back
Top Bottom