Deer Points

LAST EDITED ON May-12-12 AT 08:58AM (MST)[p]so ,if they just approved the tag numbers on the 10th it seems a little fast to draw {im being optimistic, i thought i would draw}

at the bottom of the page it says last updated 4/12/12

LAST EDITED ON May-12-12 AT 09:09AM (MST)[p]Crap we did not draw with 7 points, I hope there is a decent leftover tag, LOL.

John 3:16
THE LORD IS MY ROCK
NRA LIFE MEMBER
marines.jpg

fox14.gif

Has anybody else checked the backdoor? I got a point but applied for a point as my first choice. When I check the backdoor its not showing that I drew anything. Im just hoping they haven't posted the info yet cuz I should have drawn. They increased the tags for my hunt by 25. Should have been a slam dunk but who knows.

4afddbfa2842588e.jpg

Born 2 Hunt

Not sure if I'm totally following you. I think if you apply for pts as a first choice you're not eligible for your second choice. You'll have to wait and see what's in the leftover draw.

Dang - They took all my points. :)

"Hunt when you can - You're gonna' run out of health before you run out of money!"

Good to know. I thought you couldn't enter your 2nd choice online ( no option) if you put PP as your first choice. Good luck and I hope you get your tag.

I have one more point this sucks should have drawn this is turning out to be a terrible year.Looks like if i don't draw a Utah Elk tag i'm in trouble.

We had a 50/50 chance of drawing a tag and out of three of us who put in none draw... Thats ok, horn growth isn't gonna be the best this year anyways as I have an insider report telling me next year is the year they will all be sporting an added 24 inches of horn. :)

"Courage is being scared to death but saddling up anyway."

Can you say point creep?

Can you give me the email address of the guy who is giving you intel for 2013? LOL.

txhunter58

venor, ergo sum (I hunt, therefore I am)

When I go to the website it says that on file I have a 2012 Habitat stamp with license. This is listed under the column that lists my 2012 Elk application. The column for deer just lists the deer application. Does this mean anything?

LAST EDITED ON May-12-12 AT 07:42PM (MST)[p]This is not the same back door as last year. Simply click on the link in the first post, scroll down to the bottom and enter your data and submit. Then scroll to the bottom of that page, and if you have 0 deer points and have 2012 to the right then your drew your first choice deer application

txhunter58

Hey TX,

Have you checked the old backdoor since you found out you drew?
Just curious if it does indeed show that you have a 500 series license on file or if its different than last year.

4afddbfa2842588e.jpg

Mine is weird I drew deer in 2010 point in 11 but in the upper area it shows 0 but in the lower area it shows 2012 2 points. So the lower area would be correct as I applied for a point. But my elk appears to have went up one point in the lower part but they still have 2011 listed as the date. I did try to draw a unit that typically took 6 points in the past.
So I guess I have no idea what to think

They haven't done the elk draw yet so the elk points its saying you had in 2011 are what you went into this years draw with.
4afddbfa2842588e.jpg

Points all the way around for my family of five (10,10,9,6 & 6 NR points). I guess there will be some good hunts in the future!!!

born_2_hunt

Still just say 491 deer app. Guess they haven't updated that yet.

txhunter58

Hope this right? I had 4 points going in, it shows 0 2012.
I put in for 4th season, and only 1 non res. tag available.

Does it have 0's across the board? It will say 0 under "weighted points" even if you didn't draw. But if there are two 0's you did!

txhunter58

It has 0 in the points column, and 0 in the weighted column. Keep my fingers crossed, might have got lucky.

>born_2_hunt
>
>Still just say 491 deer app.
> Guess they haven't updated
>that yet.
>
>txhunter58
>
>venor, ergo sum (I hunt, therefore
>I am

Thats good news for me! There's still a chance I drew my second choice. I've been pretty devistated since yesterday. Its funny how serious we take this stuff sometimes.

4afddbfa2842588e.jpg

Dang it! My brother and I both have one extra point (8). Can't believe it.

Division kept the tag numbers the same for our unit. In addition, I even calculated our odds by adding in an amount for the people that jump in off the sidelines giving us an 85% chance of drawing. I would think one of us would have drawn with those odds.

Good thing I have a back up plan. Let's hope it doesn't fall through.

Appears my wife drew 4th season unit 80. My son should have enough points to draw it next year. I got 10 points now. HMMMMM when should I cash them in?

Well ****

Its showing 6 points for me....
Went for 71/711 4th, and was 100% chance. Guess they cut the tags
or had alot of apps.Have to wait one more year!
Good Luck to all that drew.

CC

I agree - there must be some significant point creep this year or else reduced tags. my 16 year old son had a 93% chance with 4 points based on last years stats and didn't draw this year. At least he drew his second choice which was an early season (high country) rifle deer hunt. We will be hunting in God's country again!!!!!!!

Sorry guys I gave some wrong info. I was reading his draw results for "2011". I guess I got excited and jumped the gun. He still is listed with an additional PP for 2012 though. maybe we aren't going hunting in God Country this year.

The DOW is saying the draw isn't complete. If it doesn't say 2012 by your points yours isn't through yet.

Tags were cut significantly in many units of western Co. It's surprising after such a mild winter. Some units that were a 100% draw with 0 PPs just a couple years ago now require points.

That's a great tag. From what I understand the rut is usually over by the late hunt and bucks will be nocturnal and move off the SR SWA. I would start knocking on doors. I've seen some ariel shots of whitetails in 103 and 107 on winter counts that are mind boggling.

Also some monster muleys there. I think if you knock on doors close to the SR you could get access. The further north you go into the sand hills is more muley territory with harder access. Some of the largest book non typicals are coming out of Yuma county. Good luck!

So mine still only shows 2010 points (I drew a muzzy tag in 2011) and the back door says 491 deer app. Are they done? Does this mean I didn't draw my muzzy hunt'snif snif

Did you scroll to the bottom of the page and look at points there? If so, then there is still hope.

txhunter58

so mine says 0 pts. for 2009. Doesn't make since I have had a deer tag last two years also first choice. My wifes is updated with 2012 7 pts. My Moose, sheep and bear pts all say 2012. Is there still hope for me?

>Tags were cut significantly in many
>units of western Co. It's
>surprising after such a mild
>winter. Some units that were
>a 100% draw with 0
>PPs just a couple years
>ago now require points.

I'm surprised too. I have never failed to draw with 2 points in my unit since deer went to a draw...until this year. Mebbe I will get lucky and get a cow tag.

A pt for me. I had a 50/50 shot of drawing. If I can't draw that I guess I won't hold my breath for all the other sub 10% draws I'm playing in most other states!

Colorado Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Rocky Mountain Ranches

Hunt some of the finest ranches in N.W. Colorado. Superb elk, mule deer, and antelope hunting.

Frazier Outfitting

Great Colorado elk hunting. Hunt the backcountry of unit 76. More than a hunt, it's an adventure!

CJ Outfitters

Hunt Colorado's premier trophy units, 2, 10 and 201 for trophy elk, deer and antelope.

Allout Guiding & Outfitting

Offering high quality mule deer, elk, bear and cougar hunts in Colorado units 40 and 61.

Ivory & Antler Outfitters

Hunt trophy elk, mule deer, moose, antelope, bear, cougar and turkey on both private land and BLM.

Urge 2 Hunt

We offer both DIY and guided hunts on large ranches all over Colorado for archery, muzzleloader and rifle hunts.

Hunters Domain

Colorado landowner tags for mule deer, elk and antelope. Tags for other states also available.

Flat Tops Elk Hunting

For the Do-It-Yourself hunters, an amazing cabin in GMU 12 for your groups elk or deer hunt.

Back
Top Bottom