Deer Unit 90

Cahunter805

Long Time Member
Hey guys! Just looking for some info from someone who has hunted this unit before. I have talked to the bio and gotten some info about quality and quantity. Just looking for some real world advice before burning points. Thanks

LAST EDITED ON Feb-18-10 AT 01:42PM (MST)[p]Andy,
I hunted unit 67 Antelope last year. Thats the west 1/2 of deer unit 90. We hunted 4 days but weren't able to get around very well due to about 8 inches of wet snow. We saw a few deer in the southeast portion of Antelope unit 67 ( that would be the south central part of Deer unit 90). One buck was a 150 - 160 class 4 point. The other 4 or 5 bucks we saw were raghorns. I think we would have seen more if we'd have been in the more broken country to the east and south - or maybe in the walkin areas in the north central part of 90. In talking to some locals in Riverton they echoed what I've heard about Deer unit 90. Big unit, widely scattered deer, low tag #'s, real good chance for a 160 buck if you spend some time. A couple of dandies come out of there every year. Go on the Wyoming outdoor radio website and look at the pics. There are 2 on there that came out of 90 that I'll bet you'd shoot :>) Do a search on here. there are some past threads on 90 that might help ya. GOOD LUCK. Chip

Thanks Chip.. Just was a unit I was looking at. Not wanting to waste time or points. Sounds like it might work for me. Id be thrilled with a 160 buck. Would taking a polaris ranger help accessing some spots?

A regular 4 wheeler would probably be best but a Ranger might come in handy. There are lots of 2 tracks but only 3 or 4 improved roads. Those 2 tracks turn to pure sh*t when it rains or snows. Chains for your vehicle would be good too. GOOD LUCK !Chip

LAST EDITED ON Feb-19-10 AT 08:44AM (MST)[p]LAST EDITED ON Feb-19-10 AT 08:44?AM (MST)

It was a fun hunt. lots of goats. The fact that its all either public or walk-in makes it relaxing. I saw the biggest Antelope I've ever seen in 25 years of Antelope hunting 200 yards on the WRONG side of the Garden city road - he was in unit 74. he was a mid 80's goat !! My buddy killed a 79 incher and mine grossed 77. nice goats but we might have done better if we weren't fighting the snow and mud. We went Oct. 4 - 9 and never saw another hunter. We did see lots of goats ( and some good ones )in 75 from the highway near Monetta. Good luck. C.

I was in that vicinity this year and saw scattered groups of very small muley bucks (forked horn to 3 points)...very few mature bucks. You'll likely find that you need to cover lots of country to find the few scattered deer that exist in the unit. There are a few ok bucks but you better have lots of time and legs to find them! As mentioned above if it rains/snows it is nearly impossible to access most of the area because of the gumbo mud. It's the kind of mud that gets about 2 to 5" deep on the bottom of your boots!

Wyoming Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Badger Creek Outfitters

Offering elk, deer and pronghorn hunts on several privately owned ranches.

Urge 2 Hunt

We focus on trophy elk, mule deer, antelope and moose hunts and take B&C bucks most years.

J & J Outfitters

Offering quality fair-chase hunts for trophy mule deer, elk, and moose in Wyoming.

Yellowstone Horse Rentals - Western Wyoming Horses
Back
Top Bottom