Did you draw?

PointHunter

Colorado results are out. Did you draw? I was unsuccessful on all my Colorado applications. Really thought I would get my elk tag this year. Had more points than was required for the past 3 years. CPW told us applications were way up this year.

LAST EDITED ON May-29-15 AT 10:59AM (MST)[p]I'll be in 66 in October chasing deer. Can't wait for the fall to get here.

I was very disappointed with my draw results this year. Between my dad, two brothers and myself we had the required points(# of points it took to have a 100% chance to draw the tags last year) for two antelope buck tags, two muley buck tags and one bull tag and we didn't get any of them. Seems a little strange to me, must have been a record number of applicants.

Three of us all drew our 3rd season deer tags. We also got an elk PP and will purchase OTC bull licenses later.

Nothing for me again. And nothing in Nevada or Utah either. Looks like I'll focus on home in Wyoming this year.

Chasing goats in 81 with 14 NR pts. Close to home so very happy. Scouting to come soon. Be happy with a 75 pt buck but never known what a hidden honey hole might hold.

Using the new 2015 hunting draw statistics versus the 2014 draw results. I was trying to figure out how close I was to drawing unit 61 bull elk 1st season rifle. I applied this year with 11 resident preference points but did not draw. Based on 2014 draw results (103 tags available for residents), 50 out of 72 hunters drew that applied with 11 points. Based on the 2015 draw results (90 tags available for residents) only 1 out of 65 hunters drew that applied with 11 preference points. No wonder i didn't draw as I had less then 2% chance of drawing the tag. Based on last years statistics I would have had well over a 69% chance of drawing.

That is some serious point creep due to cutting total tags available by 10, allocation of an additional 6 land owners tags, and mostly due to the fact that 125 hunters applied with 11+ points last year versus 161 hunters applying with 11+ points this year.

If this trend continues (which I'm afraid it will) I might not draw next season with 12 points. I also noticed that the required preference points for non-residents bumped from 19 up to 20.

It was at least 6 or 8 years ago I drew 61 early rifle NR with 9 pts. the season was still I think the 1st week of oct. it was good.

FrontRange you are correct. As a non res, it took us 20 pts for 61 rifle first season. I hope that it turns out to be a great hunt. It's crazy how the points creep keeps on creepin'. When we first started putting in for points, I think unit 2 and 10 only took 10 points. That was where we originally wanted to go, but that wasn't ever going to happen with the creep. Good luck this year where ever you go.

According to the stats, I was the only person with 3 points not to draw, should have figured with the way my luck has been going.

Only 2 NR of 34 applicants drew 61 archery in my point pool, I happened to be one of the two! Hopefully my luck will lead to sticking a big stinky bugling bull on the Unc!Good luck to all with tags!

Thanks PointHunter.

I am really excited to have this tag. I have been applying in multiple states for years dreaming of hunting Mountain Goats.

unsuccessful for nonresident archery for unit 51,there were no nonresident that drew for that unit out of the 115 or so tags,I thought there would be at least a few tags that would go to the nonresident.

Actually 264 when u break it down it was 152 to 5, resident to non resident for 8 tags. Those with points drew, the youth got their % and those with 0 points had long odds. Bright side it should be a piece a cake next year with 1 point for ya!

>Applications way up? Guess the boycott
>of CO is pfffft.

I'm guessing for every guy that actually boycotted, there were 2 more applying in his place.

Deer, yes
Elk, yes 2nd choice
Prong, nope
Sheep, PP
Moose, PP
Goat, PP

Have to put my daughter in for the leftover tags for deer. She got a PP for elk and prong.

Colorado Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Rocky Mountain Ranches

Hunt some of the finest ranches in N.W. Colorado. Superb elk, mule deer, and antelope hunting.

Frazier Outfitting

Great Colorado elk hunting. Hunt the backcountry of unit 76. More than a hunt, it's an adventure!

CJ Outfitters

Hunt Colorado's premier trophy units, 2, 10 and 201 for trophy elk, deer and antelope.

Allout Guiding & Outfitting

Offering high quality mule deer, elk, bear and cougar hunts in Colorado units 40 and 61.

Ivory & Antler Outfitters

Hunt trophy elk, mule deer, moose, antelope, bear, cougar and turkey on both private land and BLM.

Urge 2 Hunt

We offer both DIY and guided hunts on large ranches all over Colorado for archery, muzzleloader and rifle hunts.

Hunters Domain

Colorado landowner tags for mule deer, elk and antelope. Tags for other states also available.

Flat Tops Elk Hunting

For the Do-It-Yourself hunters, an amazing cabin in GMU 12 for your groups elk or deer hunt.

Back
Top Bottom