Do I need to worry about ammo for fall?

Been seeing plenty of 300 Win Mag the last couple months here. Haven't seen a new box of 280 Rem in over a year!!

now and into the future, always have several boxes of known-performance ammo per rifle minimum at least 4 months prior to any planned hunt, at whatever price you need to do it. Last minute ammo seeking after June/July will only bring heartache and stress.
Last year was a nightmare of empty handed looking, finally found some .308win made in sweden and finland

Last edited:
Don’t forget to check Walmart if you just need target ammo I’ve seen a bunch there. I almost grabbed some .300 win but figured I have plenty.

I just checked what I had and I have a ton of 150 grain .280 corlokt, not the best but good enough. A little low on .300 win mag but 150 grain nosler partion available, but not the 180 I prefer. Depending on what I draw I will start looking in a month.

The best time to purchase your ammo was 3 years ago. The next best time to purchase your ammo is today. I would not delay looking. I do not have a 300 win mag, but my brother does so I casually look each time I'm in a place that sells ammo and it's rare I see anything. There is a decent amount on ammoseek, but not sure if it's the bullets you are looking for.

Buy now if you can. Don't get left holding an empty rifle come hunting season if things continue like they are now.

Midway currently has a few different 300wm's in stock. Barnes ttsx 180's, FedPremium 165gr partitions & Nosler 190gr Accubond.... not cheap

There is more on store shelves now than anytime during the last 1.5 years. It's still not what we would like. Prices will continue to climb. I highly doubt it will come back down in the future.

I have a 333 win mag, and over the last 2 years I have seen VERY little available, even through the crazy priced online sources.

I think I've seen it on the store shelves maybe twice in that entire time, and I've been to a lot of places.

It's not my normal hunting rifle, so not really a huge deal (unless I hit the lottery and draw my bison tag this year...), but I always keep my eye out just in case.

A Sportsman’s Warehouse gun counter guy told me last week that lots of guys are now coming in buying .308, .30-06, .223 chambered rifles and regret buying more recently popular/fad guns in 6.5 CM for example (with little to no ammo to be found). Shelves are overflowing with .308, 5.56 and 9mm.

First time I saw 6.5 CM at Sportsmen's I picked up the maximum number of boxes I could. Want to make sure my daughter has ammo to practice this summer in prep for rifle deer in the fall... If we can shoot a few boxes, hopefully, it'll only take one bullet come October. :):)

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom