Do you think this is true?

Hard to say. Animals are smarter than they get credit for. I’m assuming this was observed in Yellowstone where the animals follow a script.

The odds of finding 9 deer in a single geographical region are quite low. So I call BS.

I went on a few night dives many years ago near San Diego. The sea lions would sometimes come in and watch your dive light, and catch the fish that were stunned by the light. So predatory animals do use advanced techniques on occasion.

I'm With littlebull!

Not Sayin It Couldn't Happen In A Very Rare Circumstance!

Now You'll Have Niller & Other Re-Arithmetic'n The KITTY KILL Numbers Of Deer!

GEEZUS!

I call BS on wolves following lions, at least visually. I'm sure wolves raid lion kills when they sniff them out though. Lion kills would be a great place for wolf snares.

I'm Not Saying Wolves Wouldn't Take A Kill From A Lion!

But This Kitty Is A Smart SUM *****!

He's Eatin Dinner 8 Kills Ahead Of The Wolves!

Over 50% of lion kills in cali are scavenged by black bears so ima guess yes. But ima guess they are scavenged the same. The lion kills more when it has been scavenged, No symbiotic relationship.

I’m naive but if anyone really wanted to know, I would suggest they contact a couple of well known, older, with years of cougar hound hunting on mules, in Montana, Idaho and Wyoming, prior to the grey wolf reintroduction and still hunting them today. Any serious cougar hunter, that follows his hounds will know if wolves (or bears, or both) are cleaning up cougar kills…….. to a significant degree.

Anomalous are reality to but we aught to know what is and what isn’t.

Yes/No?

In the big game management world it certainly would be worthwhile knowing what’s actually happening in this predator prey dance for survival. Because…….. it is absolutely not the same as it was in the 1960/70. That is a fact…….. and what, if anything are the bureaucrats doing about it………. without a legislator’s boot up their ass?

Or maybe we just don’t give a crap and suggest there’s nothing we can do…….?

Hey Lumpy!

They Can Blame The Lions For The Issues The Wolves Cause!

It Won't Be The Wolves Fault!

I’m naive but if anyone really wanted to know, I would suggest they contact a couple of well known, older, with years of cougar hound hunting on mules, in Montana, Idaho and Wyoming, prior to the grey wolf reintroduction and still hunting them today. Any serious cougar hunter, that follows his hounds will know if wolves (or bears, or both) are cleaning up cougar kills…….. to a significant degree.

Anomalous are reality to but we aught to know what is and what isn’t.

Yes/No?

In the big game management world it certainly would be worthwhile knowing what’s actually happening in this predator prey dance for survival. Because…….. it is absolutely not the same as it was in the 1960/70. That is a fact…….. and what, if anything are the bureaucrats doing about it………. without a legislator’s boot up their ass?

Or maybe we just don’t give a crap and suggest there’s nothing we can do…….?

Hey Lumpy!

They Can Blame The Lions For The Issues The Wolves Cause!

It Won't Be The Wolves Fault!
Just think changes, if that’s what they are, should be studied and responded to, one way or another. 😁

BC of those muleys were your beef cows, you dang sure would know and jump right in the middle of it.

There used to be a theory about why the Grizzly population exploded in Yellowstone.

Wolves killed for recreation and left dead elk carcasses around the park.
The bears didn't have to expend energy chasing elk because they just lazily fed on the already dead elk.

The results were more healthy Sows having triplet and even quad cubs.

It sounded believable 🤷‍♂️

Where's the evidence?

If "scientists" observed this, there would be published white papers. That's what scientists do, they publish their observations for others to review; and their funding and credibility is based on those published papers.

I call BS, and based on the guest's body language "tell" of pausing and touching his face while saying "he brought us to ... nine kill sites that day," I think he knows it's false.

I could be wrong though, I'd just like to see the actual evidence.

Rogan has a history of putting loons on his podcast. I consider him the WWF of real information, it's all fake and for entertainment.

EDIT: This is an example of what scientific studies look like... (Wolf v Puma) (Wolf v Puma 2) and this one says wolves kill mountain lions. I can't find any studies that say wolves follow mountain lions around.

Last edited:
It’s pretty well understood that lions will have multiple kills and “save” them. In fact finding a lion stash site is a great way to target them, and other predators. Places where scavengers are prevailing lions will try to hide their kill and take more game in case they get hazed off the kill. Why? Lions can only eat so much at one time, hence the “saving” of the kill. They come back an eat off the kill multiple time, lots of solitary predators do this. It’s not a symbiotic relationship.

We used to have a cat that would kill birds and small animals and try to get in the house and drop them at our feet. She was trying to give them to us. Once she dropped them she was off again on the hunt.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom